TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My First Road Trip Northern VA to Chicago

Discussion in 'Model X' started by JSZimmerman, Jul 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JSZimmerman

JSZimmerman Member

i have head my Model X for about 3 months and took my first long range road trip from Bristow, VA (about 40 miles west of D.C.) to the South side of Chicago. Took about 15 1/2 hours each way with 4 Supercharger stops each way. Luckily there was a Supercharger about 7 miles from our hotel so I was able to charge every morning. Overall still wish charging was a bit quicker but enjoyed the trip. You can see my Trip computer for the whole trip.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. blake6551

blake6551 Member

343 Whi/mi? That's great if so.

3. JSZimmerman

JSZimmerman Member

Yeah that's what it was, average over the entire trip.

4. JHuberman

JHuberman Member

I got back driving from Boston, MA to Raleigh, NC last Saturday. I averaged ~275 Wh/mi, but that may be because I-95 is vastly overcrowded and much of the time I was driving 60 mph and several hours at 0 to 15 mph. The AutoSteer was very useful and made slowing down and stop and go driving much less frustrating. We were never ready to leave a Supercharger when it was "ready to continue trip" but always ready to go just as it was completing the charge.