Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first road trip - what do I need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just the one charging bay at Hyperdome, or two?

I can answer that... there's 2 however it took me about half an hour to find them the place is so enormous. I had to call the Hyperdome office & they told me it was near Bi-Lo which really didn't help very much. Also while I appreciate that they installed them, in such a massive place, why restrict them to 11kW? My advice: go to Fiik Skateboards at Ormeau instead for 22kW - then go to The Kitchens at Robina.

I can answer that... there's 2 however it took me about half an hour to find them the place is so enormous. I had to call the Hyperdome office & they told me it was near Bi-Lo which really didn't help very much. Also while I appreciate that they installed them, in such a massive place, why restrict them to 11kW? My advice: go to Fiik Skateboards at Ormeau instead for 22kW - then go to The Kitchens at Robina.
Good for single chargers then? If I can find them.

• Funny
Reactions: RichardMcN
@brewster beginning to head south tomorrow. Spent the last three nights at Silky Oaks, our most Northernly stop (above Port Douglas). Will top up our charge twice, once at Cairns VeeFill CHADeMo, then at innisfail setting up at few day stop at Mission Beach

Then a three day stay in Brisbane and a run home to Sydney
Hey @Aussie Yank good on you for putting Innisfail Showground on the map. That fills in a gap in the Round Australia Charging Route for non-Teslas (Teslas can charge at Frosty Mango) !

Great !

I did go to Fiik after, just to have a look. While topping up I was given tour of their manufacturing processes, workshop and prototypes by part owner Daniel Quinn. (Family business). Very impressive.
Daniel must have taken pity on the cars condition as he gave me a number of cleaning products that they produce on site.

A factory of theirs in China manufacture a lot of the parts they use for their skateboards and bikes.

Its definitely worth a top up stop if you are interested. Amazed at prototypes they are developing.

Fiik01.jpg Fiik03.jpg Fiik04.jpg Fiik05.jpg Fiik06.jpg Fiik07.jpg Fiik08.jpg

@RichardMcN we also need to get Heidi at frost mango to up grade to 32 amps instead of 20
Yes the 20A seems quite low to you dual-charger guys (green with envy). Not so noticeable for those of us with "upgraded" 24A chargers though, especially while sipping a delightful Mango shake!

Again great contribution on Innisfail @Aussie Yank . Sites like that are a real help because Destination Chargers are part of the Round Australia Route from TOCA's point of view, but not from AEVA's perspective, so these sites that give a 3 phase alternative are really helpful.

The Destination chargers at the Logan Hyperdome are at the Northern end of the facility right opposite the library (Google Maps) , under Big W. We charged there yesterday, the chargers are definitely power limited, only 16 amps from memory. There are two chargers, one of them was showing a fault at the time. There are also two or three what look like 15 amp plugs in there.