TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

My first scratch!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sorka, Nov 30, 2016.

1. sorka

sorka Active Member

Have no idea where it came from. Not a swipe in the parking lot as it would have been horizontal most likely rather than vertical. Wider on the top than the bottom in a way that shows that the impact started at the top of the scratch and went down.

[​IMG]

3 minutes later after some liquid rubbing compound and a finer clearcoat polish:

[​IMG]

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Visit your SC. You'd be amazed how talented some of these guys are at getting that out.

3. Max*

Max* Not Banned

Did you miss the "3 minute later" picture?

4. steve841

steve841 Active Member

LOL .. thought it looked like there was still some marring in the finish ... good to go.

5. Snerruc

Snerruc Member

Be careful you don't want to rub through the clearcoat!

6. sorka

sorka Active Member

That's just a trick of the light.

7. sorka

sorka Active Member

Would take hours with the cut level of that compound.

• Like x 1
  8. mmarschke

mmarschke New Member

I have a partial wrap on the hood of my pearl white MS, and after 48,000 miles the car is in excellent condition except for two half inch scratches just above the XPEL wrap. Before I replace my partial wrap I decided to see if I could get these two scratches fixed. My wife went to The Collision Company in Roswell to get an estimate. Josh had one of the guys on the floor look at it and in just a few minutes sanded and buffed the scratch out completely! There was no hard sell to repaint the entire hood like I received at another repair shop. Josh and team just wanted to provide the highest quality service possible and leave a customer satisfied.

The Collision Company will be my first choice whenever I need any collision repair or paint work done. Highly recommended.

• Informative x 1