Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Service Visit...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Gang,

Wanted to report how my first service visit ended up going. When I bought my model Y LR a few weeks back, it had 8k on the odo and was about a year old (2020 model). I bought it from a local used car dealer that I have bought other vehicles from before. Here are the issues I found the first few days of driving...

1. My car steered perfectly straight but my steering wheel was off center to the right

2. Rear trim piece around the passenger side rear door was way off

3. Passenger side brake light had condensation

Using the mobile app on my phone I set up my first service visit at a local service center. I was happy to see my appt was less than a week out and they would provide a loaner. I was curious to see if they would charge me for the steering wheel issue but my estimate came back as no charge via the mobile app.

I dropped the car off at 830am, they provided me with a M3 loaner. It was my first time driving the M3 and boy did it feel small compared to my Y! I think the biggest issue is the the leg space under you...feels like your laying down in that car. I was disappointed to see they had the car locked in "chill" mode even though it had the accel boost upgrade...i tried to get the pin to unlock to no avail...haha.

by noon i had heard back that they had fixed my steering issue and done a 4 wheel alignment on the car...FREE of charge. I was very happy about that...

the trim piece was about 95 percent fixed but they still ordered a new piece so it would fit perfectly...very happy about that as well...

the brake light they said is vented and wanted me to wait a day to see if it cleared....it didnt, so now they ordered me a new light as well...

my steering is perfect now and I am waiting on parts. I was very pleased with how my first visit to service went. Just thought I would share.