TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My First SuperCharge vs. Gas

Discussion in 'North America' started by gavine, Jul 25, 2016.

1. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

We owned a Models S 60 for 2 years without supercharging. We did our very first SuperCharge yesterday in our new X90D in East Brunswick, NJ heading to Palidades Center in NY. The four charge spots were unoccupied and we only needed a 10 minute charge. I was very impressed with the speed and convenience.

On the way out of the rest area, we saw this:

[​IMG]

• Like x 5
  2. jaguar36

jaguar36 Member

I love going down the NJTPK and seeing the massive line of cars at the gas pumps. Could easily supercharge up to full in the time it would take to get gas.

3. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

Yes, NJTPK is the cheapest gas around but one must wait for it. I am about a month away from driving past this scene :) Can't wait

4. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

Superchargers are the cheapest "gas". I often tell people who complain that 20 minutes is too long to supercharge vs getting gas. I ask if they would wait in line for 15 minutes if the gas were free and they always say "yes". With Supercharging, you don't have to wait in line. You can still go inside and use the bathroom or get a coffee while charging rather than babysitting your car while you wait in line for gas.

I'm preaching to the choir.

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  5. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

True, you will not find many detractors here :) My wife has complained about supercharging waits and we have NOT EVEN GOTTEN THE CAR YET! ): I just say :you'll see"