Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here are pics with the spacers on and the stud details. My set up is 20mm square and I feel its perfect for me with no rubbing on short heavy angles or higher speed rips.

Details (Ive already posted the pics of the spacers)

This is the rear stud setup (notice the round tips) these are the tips that hit the back of the wheel with a 20mm spacer and I could have gone 25mm but noooooooooo it would kick the wheels out too much:

AM-JKLX6NB_9HrmRHsaYoZVM8_l0UxijuzsCk0d-1iGMOTxIwrp0QjM05yxuFcJuzkT3Yeo0D-E4fPhO_7bi04kBgM9W0K2E06KzWDMYSfq1CWNCPFLv1WxMW21L6xODmvWh5qbTmzeGuvbmsit4Mfo2JGnX=w567-h1007-no

So we shaved the conical section down and this is what we had with no hubcentric issues. I will never rely on the studs to hold the wheel, it has to be the axle. Before we cut the curves the wheel had just about 4mm of gap from mount to hub--- no way I would allow that nor would my tech. After the cut the wheel sits flush and ... tons of OEM thread left :)

AM-JKLWWzUmObfuE2JhZ382aaV7UuEIxQokDDwKncWKYofa6TfR46F9hhMiximv2ePMxRU49JFKSw0n3SwfI6gy8YxMgkN4wXnjOwFYiHa-LadtUUiugcQUYHRpNpT943QvvZAXU7M3VCZFmb3AqFuYLwcqt=w567-h1007-no

Now the front studs of the Plaid are not curved at all and did not hit the back of the wheel , so the 20mm spacers fit no issue and no cut

AM-JKLXFv9ssER-S95vKLlKqdsxm7PPa6Oc9FXQBOnIcDRSzoL6qlTFRSgL2oMzSG6MdBIqC8TuQztVIUSENit0P1BMmefLBwmhdwfNYP7oDb7ksp0mFSu-_IY4qvK_M-VMp9PaomiFhgN9nNYerm741Svjk=w567-h1007-no

Post install, road tested, road ripped, lauched, etc....

AM-JKLVSN78oOMeBDgTpvDZnLBqnCSor7W0pH6sF8UvSEDR-6N9NYN4fLIIb5C23U1Ie0XJ88KWBD3btZVaDlKWc5vOderD7U8PpHY4T5QvQHOFkNIgLfC6lbQHOUZlQ43xI0VOZWLm_NlzNuqsv81H93OI0=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLUP7j2UhtWnhUcVE2xSqwUSA1F5mOcqH3hm8WGfWQX2LYX9MkhK9XzDTD25O4T_xlOUgxZJFVJ0vatN_c-Ho4JQB4PaLMefxVdqdd7CukPDyHnCC06NAkb6UQyetSWmfedpL8G2kTuntGGJW3Z1qIvA=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLWkzWHpNh5vUG879FIjOwn0wmP6gLdUq39sZx2zAZ3EJ4JUkG5DibFDLmMw4vvCHC9VYFze7GtEIM3GkysJy1uG6quOmXZc0mnMzN5ln06fN_ebDX5q7mdQIzIGNykCvxdplR8feiNTL4iWNImWsaup=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLVLNPLAtyP3-RqrdRmMx3WR_lHYAgeOEKg2dGvHa3C2ceTdNcXMQm9fxPfL_ymvgieqroAzYOsju1WjP9r_lGF5JIGhh9edm41g8FWZqNMUFX67Ss5fsICHLqjYthMvRQVW4x1NNAuII4fETQ2rxgF9=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLUYGrVvq2YAGIu3uEKlpwAoAiNo3m75W7EaC2IrXTJBm4my3wGMzFC46E6jDg2FMz_NXlyPCdwOKUwMlTl-PWt4RmGeUkJJ8f5HadNyn3QCA8kGyYyKjLT2cGVXeHshIfj5SRd00r6BBqpuEAnVKcS9=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLXyXofqJD6qWCzAeuB2HrV3LwV4Yw5K2n4IAhzNwo32SqGuRxffupi1v_BExwyrR8kNQFGFqt_2qetza05orYiajE5Pmffwi34uAtzl_ZxWIpSq3BI89_TamLg_6my3iVExZNv-3IjeVd6x0SmG9Bjz=w1791-h1007-no
d
Looks great.. now I’m excited to place my order 🤩

I just have ADD of car ownership--- Ill move on and get different color or maybe not get another.

I was out today and the car is actually dirty but:

AM-JKLWUJLbPMdPNESIeBQTLttTRuU3psZWeOECg5BWDZ2WlNpWxhGumrRKTu3bfTbQ0DjrEBRuGywb1JAcrpgEAx8ZnIKg0C4H3Y2jZ7BWmAvwRL3UgnoIo4SH93RGA6aveCKp7_IvsjN2TjR9_TPr3hy2q=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLVZC3I81jN5Il8KDYtpcUx3FDm5kB6IFBAWDepPF_WztTA16h3u08ca6TgG8Uj2CVlfXIROF5X1Jy5JAJsll9oBIHmagwIBbgWaTcvKtky8wI4PnGfffYZfnDX8MymGBXPlEg9alys1XDKHPRGXKLY-=w1791-h1007-no

Looks quite nice but like any Tesla kinda nondescript great for a DD. Most people at the office and around town won't be asking too many questions. Are you enjoying the car or "meh" just another car?

Reactions: loomstate
Looks quite nice but like any Tesla kinda nondescript great for a DD. Most people at the office and around town won't be asking too many questions. Are you enjoying the car or "meh" just another car?
I dont think what people ponder about as I drive it... I just drive and enjoy the rush which the Plaid delivers in spades.

I am enjoying it but its only been 2 months, it might just last 3... (that was some tongue in cheek) Its actually been brilliant fun early on.

Love your setup. I moved over from an F80 M3 and just recently purchased the Plaid. I know exactly what you mean about the sunken look, as I have loweing links installed on my 2020 Model S LR and running 19 stocks and have that sunken look too.

I'm interested in the lowering links and the spacers for my Plaid that will be picked up soon. Three questions:
(1) With the launch control going into cheetah mode (which lowers the front), is there any issues with Tesla going into this stance with the lowering links installed?
(2) How can I get the exact same hub-centric spacers that you have, is it something that I can just order off a site? If so, do you mind sharing a link?
(3) My wife drives the car as well, and for her, she prefers (and actually I prefer) her to drive in the "high" mode versus me, in low. Does the Plaid allow you to keep the car in high mode, regardless of speed?

Love your setup. I moved over from an F80 M3 and just recently purchased the Plaid. I know exactly what you mean about the sunken look, as I have loweing links installed on my 2020 Model S LR and running 19 stocks and have that sunken look too.

I'm interested in the lowering links and the spacers for my Plaid that will be picked up soon. Three questions:
(1) With the launch control going into cheetah mode (which lowers the front), is there any issues with Tesla going into this stance with the lowering links installed?
(2) How can I get the exact same hub-centric spacers that you have, is it something that I can just order off a site? If so, do you mind sharing a link?
(3) My wife drives the car as well, and for her, she prefers (and actually I prefer) her to drive in the "high" mode versus me, in low. Does the Plaid allow you to keep the car in high mode, regardless of speed?
So thru some research I did pre lowering I read that the links do not adjust the ultimate cheetah stance--- I just have less travel to go once the stance is in process of being completed.

I got the spacers from MotorSport Tech Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech
Just ask for Taylor and he will know my setup and mirror the build which took about two weeks to complete

Im not an expert here with the modes but the higher modes still exist but of course will be slightly adjusted down since I have changed the height with the links. EG: because Im lower, the highest setting is now that much lower and so on. As for how the car adjusts while driving I am not sure what triggers it to go up but it is never triggered to go lower from my experience.

So thru some research I did pre lowering I read that the links do not adjust the ultimate cheetah stance--- I just have less travel to go once the stance is in process of being completed.

I got the spacers from MotorSport Tech Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech
Just ask for Taylor and he will know my setup and mirror the build which took about two weeks to complete

Im not an expert here with the modes but the higher modes still exist but of course will be slightly adjusted down since I have changed the height with the links. EG: because Im lower, the highest setting is now that much lower and so on. As for how the car adjusts while driving I am not sure what triggers it to go up but it is never triggered to go lower from my experience.
Thanks! I'm not in a rush to grab them since it's winter over here. Will wait till next summer.

And my current Model S:

View attachment 732443
Did your force it into the "below" lowest position via the service section? Its look lower than the standard low setting. Ive seen this happen when using Jack Mode where one first jacks it up and then brings it down but doesnt turn JM off.

Here are both my G80's (sold the Blue-Red is X Drive)--- they are miles better IMHO than my F82 in terms of grip, handling, steering and power delivery:

AM-JKLWOmuVuvbkSXNasM7bscBr6UaacNvTkfbuZIA10XuuMGNt0UtfVFBT-O_XfI2CoGPfwvNvVhV6HIA3-eQqWmm_fYHZ4T7yLITjuFNQ9zE16qvnlgXgh8rHsD0C5Kzjm4xYhhic4zm4GC8c4dZcZIniQ=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLWYFktehdjRFZAyWpJNhx1FcghXOrnUrGjWAK8l5nN5hhH2n7o3NX44HyvVBUHeFxgMzjjwaySqFL9x3GPAaMJWeg1Zk5a9uu5VFO9TWqMa6BSipHYE5cuEc7Bnul3IdtmlVZRQRNVjFUmpRT8dG-ab=w1791-h1007-no

Yea, that red G80 looks dope.

Yea, that pic of my MS is in LOW mode. I always have it on "always Low" when driving around. I've saved all the nearby/common driveways, speedbumps, steep entries with the very high setting. Works great.

Looking forward to my Plaid.

Reactions: SO16