Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vic how do you still have this car? It’s been too long.

Hahahha I just got it in Sept LOL--- and new wheels a few weeks ago so for now its kinda new :)

lol I was going to say the same. He’s planning on keeping it, especially if he’s looking at replacing the yoke.

Im intrigued by the yoke but a real wheel is best for the way I drive this thing :)

He is probably taking delivery of something new as we speak.

its rough out there, there are a few cars that have piqued my interest but honestly Im pretty satisified currently

The wheels are like a "refresh"

AM-JKLXzRg-pduictfWMvD33A9kmBrWBFaGLFVz-IRqtre1vCM5HyuFDB_62NG6yzjemyH29Kh5YTw6N_3AX-TBww9cA-Rzb-RYrSqIBg4VZIa-El0O7zoNVU8XYVG3u72kEn66IEQPdnwVKkkTl5KlcylW4=w1791-h1007-no

• Love
Reactions: VegarHenriksen
Sorry to jump in your thread but you seem very knowledgeable when it comes to spacers and I need help finding the right size and manufacturer.

So my 2022 model s plaid will be delivered next week. I ordered it with the stock 19” wheels thinking I can fit my older model s 21” arachnids on to it after replacing the tpms sensors to BLE. I realized I probably need some high quality hubcentric spacers to make my skinnier silver 21” arachnids at least look similar the wider current 21” arachnids. I wouldn’t mind pushing them out even just a bit to make them more flush with the fenders (don’t want them to stick out though) and less sunken.

Can you guys recommend what thickness I need in the front and back? And a trusted maker I can contact to build or buy from if they are already on the shelf? Thx

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in your thread but you seem very knowledgeable when it comes to spacers and I need help finding the right size and manufacturer.

So my 2022 model s plaid will be delivered next week. I ordered it with the stock 19” wheels thinking I can fit my older model s 21” arachnids on to it after replacing the tpms sensors to BLE. I realized I probably need some high quality hubcentric spacers to make my skinnier silver 21” arachnids at least look similar the wider current 21” arachnids. I wouldn’t mind pushing them out even just a bit to make them more flush with the fenders (don’t want them to stick out though) and less sunken.

Can you guys recommend what thickness I need in the front and back? And a trusted maker I can contact to build or buy from if they are already on the shelf? Thx
I cant really help you with the smaller arachnids as I am not familiar with their widths and offsets.

This is where I got my custom spacers made:

I do think the skinny tires and wheels will look off on the wider body Plaid... my thoughts of course.

Reactions: SIXF80 and Drew-MS
I cant really help you with the smaller arachnids as I am not familiar with their widths and offsets.

This is where I got my custom spacers made:

I do think the skinny tires and wheels will look off on the wider body Plaid... my thoughts of course.
sorry I thought I posted the specs of them. I believe they are the same dimensions as the 21” turbine wheels someone else posted earlier in this thread. I went over everything in this thread again and it looks like 25mm is what he used with no rubbing so I think that might be the magic number for me too.

I did reach out to those guys and Brad got back to me but suggests I mount the wheels and measure spacing myself. Since I don’t have the car yet I can’t just yet so I was hoping someone did the math already.

It sounds to me like plaid has no taper so the hub side of the spacer should not have a taper correct? But my wheels coming from an earlier model s I do think may have a taper, so you think I should ask for them to custom build mine with a taper on the wheel side hub? Or will it be fine however they make ‘em for plaid?

Also, if I go 25mm do you think I’ll have to shave the studs on the back to clear the back of the wheel?

Here are the specs and offset of my staggered wheels.

15B061C0-6410-4B70-A913-BB26B10F7BC0.jpeg

sorry I thought I posted the specs of them. I believe they are the same dimensions as the 21” turbine wheels someone else posted earlier in this thread. I went over everything in this thread again and it looks like 25mm is what he used with no rubbing so I think that might be the magic number for me too.

I did reach out to those guys and Brad got back to me but suggests I mount the wheels and measure spacing myself. Since I don’t have the car yet I can’t just yet so I was hoping someone did the math already.

It sounds to me like plaid has no taper so the hub side of the spacer should not have a taper correct? But my wheels coming from an earlier model s I do think may have a taper, so you think I should ask for them to custom build mine with a taper on the wheel side hub? Or will it be fine however they make ‘em for plaid?

Also, if I go 25mm do you think I’ll have to shave the studs on the back to clear the back of the wheel?

Here are the specs and offset of my staggered wheels.

View attachment 778110

I really dont think I can properly assess what you exactly need as my techs did most, if not, of all the "heavy lifting" and I posted what they measured and what I have on my exact car. I dont remember what the oem wheels have for taper but you can check the spacer pics to see what Taylor at Motorsport tech did. I think he did a 1mm taper so the spacer would mount on the shorter snout of the Plaid without losing hubcentric integrity. The more taper on the spacer hub side, the more chances of movement which is why I had it custom made.

There are probably a few member in other posts that can help you further but I dont want to steer you wrong.

The OEM offsets for your wheels my Plaid are close where yours are et 40 front and rear and mine are 40 front and 45 rear

But your wheels are one inch narrower so assume an adjusted offset in the front and rear of et 52/53- Thats excessively inward and you would need a huge spacer to push them back out. Remember I used 20mm spacers on the oem wheels to get effective et's of 20 front and 25 rear. You are way far away from this without a monster spacer. I have no idea what you will need to shave studwise as Ive never dealt with the non Plaid wheels.

If you're going to buy a whole new set of wheels why in the world would you factor in spacers from the start?
This.

The Plaid deserves a proper spec’d wheel set. I was leaning towards spacers myself, but it just doesn’t feel right as safe as it is.

Couldn't agree more. If you are committing to buying a whole new set of wheels to begin with why in the world would you compromise them with spacers from the start? Just buy properly spec'd wheels for the Plaid