Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Track mode thoughts, vic55?
Well ... I havent tried it much but some short thoughts: the race setting under TM has heavy heavy regen (not a big deal but its there). Have I noticed the adaptive suspension? Not really too much on the regular streets as Im running sport set up daily; I guess I would really have to truly track it to see the negligible difference on the street. I still need to try the adjustable bias and create more oversteer (moving the bias to the rear). Personally I feel Plaid mode is slightly more throttle responsive/faster. But Ive only been in TM maybe 3xs and its a noisy mo fo after I park with the fans running for 30 plus minutes. Im glad they offer it but I wont use it much on the street. Also I do not like that in track mode the nav system isnt applicable... I want some of the benefits of the mode in the real world or I will want to try more of them soon.

Random Shot Today

AM-JKLXe2EvKmV-muUm4WHeYlr8hBY_0wTNG3FUleQ06uTXBL3dBc2qSH4RuHhej3GIgvGMsPBgYh2BQZfu8ZXdxaBJCDypHGxYgUnYMJHxVYs2aMTY-JHWRrdQsPa5Q9RsjhV2lYV4GQOSWmbwqULkCw5H7=w1791-h1007-no

Well ... I havent tried it much but some short thoughts: the race setting under TM has heavy heavy regen (not a big deal but its there). Have I noticed the adaptive suspension? Not really too much on the regular streets as Im running sport set up daily; I guess I would really have to truly track it to see the negligible difference on the street. I still need to try the adjustable bias and create more oversteer (moving the bias to the rear). Personally I feel Plaid mode is slightly more throttle responsive/faster. But Ive only been in TM maybe 3xs and its a noisy mo fo after I park with the fans running for 30 plus minutes. Im glad they offer it but I wont use it much on the street. Also I do not like that in track mode the nav system isnt applicable... I want some of the benefits of the mode in the real world or I will want to try more of them soon.

Random Shot Today

AM-JKLXe2EvKmV-muUm4WHeYlr8hBY_0wTNG3FUleQ06uTXBL3dBc2qSH4RuHhej3GIgvGMsPBgYh2BQZfu8ZXdxaBJCDypHGxYgUnYMJHxVYs2aMTY-JHWRrdQsPa5Q9RsjhV2lYV4GQOSWmbwqULkCw5H7=w1791-h1007-no
Car looks amazing. Where in OC are you? I am in Irvine. Cheers.

Reactions: vic55
@vic55 Just read through your thread - very informative for someone investigating offsets/fitments. Thank you for that.

Now let the cat out of the bag...what wheels did you get and what fitment did you settle on?

So my local contact works with Vossen and they were the quickest build. I dont keep my cars long enough so I wanted a reasonably good looking wheel that could be made fast (Ill keep the model a secret LOL). And I decided to use the OEM tires so I used OEM widths and adjusted the offsets down to reflect the spacing.

I think its:

20x9.5 et 20
20x 10.5 et 25

Using the PS4's...

So my local contact works with Vossen and they were the quickest build. I dont keep my cars long enough so I wanted a reasonably good looking wheel that could be made fast (Ill keep the model a secret LOL). And I decided to use the OEM tires so I used OEM widths and adjusted the offsets down to reflect the spacing.

I think its:

20x9.5 et 20
20x 10.5 et 25

Using the PS4's...
I assume you mean (if you are keeping the OE tires)

21x9.5 et 20
21x10.5 et 25

Reactions: vic55 and Drew-MS

I think its:

20x9.5 et 20
20x 10.5 et 25

Using the PS4's...
Do you know if Vossen wheels for the plaid have the 64.1 hub bore ? Or do Vossen wheels require hub rings ? Cheers

I assume you mean (if you are keeping the OE tires)

21x9.5 et 20
21x10.5 et 25

Not sure why this quote is still here LOLOLOL

I guess I re checked the button on accident

Cheers

Do you know if Vossen wheels for the plaid have the 64.1 hub bore ? Or do Vossen wheels require hub rings ? Cheers

They have a normal fitment for the car so no rings per my shop.

Yes, perfect...thanks Vik! These pics are really helping me sort out the fitment of my wheels.

In that top pic your rear tires seem to poke out from the fender a little while the fronts look flush, or even *slightly* tucked. Would you say your rear fitment is slightly more aggressive than the front? Or is it just the angle of the pic?

Its optics- looking straight down its flush front and rear but it is aggressive for sure.

AM-JKLXdiqMTAOohjNqCO2fVL4YP7d66CEL8gpLqpSUTnvEC_jIjGmeL08bX9IDDFewOToOGWqgKyuaNxLHhdAqFhDv-J7vz9ddTRnDyED_xOGn-Vy7mkpwNCbQJAGku5-5wadhIEY2NAmygYG5Kja-3lfxp=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLVCfP-OJQhxT0EGad9Avlr6iWwOga7LX2LH1ebcnW1_XHpuqZWtcDcPzrj_AkcgnlhwQ_U_21ew2jC-Wm2S05s2HAkfXupnvKS1hMQki_-mRwYiRFsU3K9Tr9yrn_5MmdcG-wXTP4cyrlqd1NkE-XEk=w1791-h1007-no

Reactions: Drew-MS