Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still loving this thing --- stopped by Supreme Power to get some parts (for another car)

AM-JKLWE4ZHxeQGd7VMAOw2WGAWCID0Qo66AP9YapkwktWmXwdlnN5si4DUw1HMEBsMw3zpL6_2l2J1_u7n-pVMdeQZ_sqv_D4FrFXN9s_wPyaqlJxsYJ6OZTBdLd38ly55zMiKbfWYvPKZrXAzQ0xoUZ5yR=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLU_NXKXhvh5h8-ZwHVcwYUMHAUwZaURCGaaEdB-QH15CFR0fjBbShhtjG1ZEusHDyp4Y3bt2oWMh_LETDROUWyOlf1AgIztsv4ejHtUg2XSdGoTmFqYtMA6ANWBcdWxWl_I7esjl0kcXJKc9VCnGlPp=w1791-h1007-no

Hi Vic55. I have been watching your posts for years and your posts are invaluable. I had a first edition m5 when you had one and now have the X5m competition and I am considering getting a plaid now that gas prices are insane. Please let me know your thoughts on this transition and if anything I will be missing coming from an M car. Right now the only thing I can think of is Carplay and Waze. I also loved the B&W stereo in BMW. Thanks again for your help!

Hi Vic55. I have been watching your posts for years and your posts are invaluable. I had a first edition m5 when you had one and now have the X5m competition and I am considering getting a plaid now that gas prices are insane. Please let me know your thoughts on this transition and if anything I will be missing coming from an M car. Right now the only thing I can think of is Carplay and Waze. I also loved the B&W stereo in BMW. Thanks again for your help!

Hey bro I remember you and hope all is well. I really didnt transition as I still have 2 M cars- this was more of a novelty add on since I love ICE cars but the sheer speed and really good looking lines has me very happy with the buy.

To address your short points:

You dont need CP or Waze as the Nav utilizes Google and its traffic patterns which I like just as much as Waze. I use my cell to play what music is attached via Apple Music or whatever but you can easily use the onboard apps too if you choose. Is not a big deal at all!! The 21 speaker (or 22) in the Plaid is fine and I like it better than my BW in the both the previous M5 and current M8 (I also have a new M3 but thats HK). Tesla has done a good job here IMHO.

If this will be your only car you will miss some steering and chassis connection along with exhaust noise and great iron brakes but this car is fine once you understand its power, chassis, weight, and the limits it can be pushed to on the street level. I really am enjoying it and its going on month 9 which says a lot for me.

I still must have engine noise though and driveabilty especially in sharp turns plus great steering feel so I have my other rides.

Thoughts on the Taycan? I find the "Sport Sound" to replace engine noise is pretty satisfying and fills the void better than Plaid's. Love your car btw, very tasteful.
I love the Taycan from my short drives that Ive had (Turbo)- it truly drives as advertised. I just wasnt in the EV market when it first came out and then the Plaid piqued my interest solely from its straight line performance. I never looked back as the sound system makes up for the lack of exhaust. So the Plaid is faster of course but the Taycan drives better. If it was my only car then that would be a tough decision now that I own the Plaid and am very pleased.

I have this to fulfil my Porsche fanboism LOL

AM-JKLV_mCHTfuWbRysVydXfP_6MPnBXoxml3cF0_Ysh3VrHdPfbMrAQPUSp_U4TPEm_ho58d_WT9NWv-5r5p7L7u6ARcZ8lijQKgI2v-t6y8dHSXNNZMy0NxUNdmDvd1Z_CbERLsxIKuudCh661rQh39jrG=w1343-h1008-no

Awesome.

If you had to only choose one car, which would it be? I only weekend/joy ride and I'm considering Plaid/Taycan/911. A part of me wants to enjoy a 911 because I have the rest of my life to drive electric cars.

Yeah it would be the GTS or my M3 or the M8 ... but I am using the Plaid alot because I just dont have to gas it up ever (not to save money but to save time) and the sheer velocity is incredible. The R8 wont fly as an only driver for me.

Ive already spoken to this but but I have no intention of tracking a 5k lb car with 1000 hp- further I understand the chassis, the power, and lack of stopping prowess that it has only due to the law of physics. Of course a car that can accelerate this fast with this heft needs better brakes but they dont for now but they stop me fine because I know the limits of the car. So it can be my only car but ICE is still my go to.

@daddymalu

This is a great add even though I didnt mind the yoke:

AM-JKLVJmRwGQ_fpbZkFu-95-vbru_yvF21iqP6HV402PLd-imjFbQTAYatDRbzeN-ogiuKiOxsjUZTrLM7FZuUj8vpOIzH242fZCKVItpsCIyQH8r3iQIvQbyWnxVJqaT0OnVvA3yf5dyvSWZLXpMxwoorv=w1791-h1007-no

Random the other day

AM-JKLVvUm8ziLpHXNOfojgark1Muj28dOxYdKhQoWFi-iJdtn_naweJdi2zjbffPnjLsy1z18cJ9BmNjMISyeuY88eQMnTcR_3hXd2cgnAvDi3kPP0JMolHe9jGYN9aaURd6biOkHOOQWgKIScThaoJKKwc=w1791-h1007-no

Reactions: bwherry
Yeah it would be the GTS or my M3 or the M8 ... but I am using the Plaid alot because I just dont have to gas it up ever (not to save money but to save time) and the sheer velocity is incredible. The R8 wont fly as an only driver for me.

Ive already spoken to this but but I have no intention of tracking a 5k lb car with 1000 hp- further I understand the chassis, the power, and lack of stopping prowess that it has only due to the law of physics. Of course a car that can accelerate this fast with this heft needs better brakes but they dont for now but they stop me fine because I know the limits of the car. So it can be my only car but ICE is still my go to.

@daddymalu

AM-JKLVJmRwGQ_fpbZkFu-95-vbru_yvF21iqP6HV402PLd-imjFbQTAYatDRbzeN-ogiuKiOxsjUZTrLM7FZuUj8vpOIzH242fZCKVItpsCIyQH8r3iQIvQbyWnxVJqaT0OnVvA3yf5dyvSWZLXpMxwoorv=w1791-h1007-no

Random the other day

AM-JKLVvUm8ziLpHXNOfojgark1Muj28dOxYdKhQoWFi-iJdtn_naweJdi2zjbffPnjLsy1z18cJ9BmNjMISyeuY88eQMnTcR_3hXd2cgnAvDi3kPP0JMolHe9jGYN9aaURd6biOkHOOQWgKIScThaoJKKwc=w1791-h1007-no
Wow. Awsome.

you have beautiful cars and I wish you the very best.

Reactions: vic55

@daddymalu

Random the other day

Where you get the steering wheel from again?