Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah somewhere is this ginormous thread of mine, I posted that we had to trim the non thread portion of the studs.

AL9nZEUhgD43pJm49Bi8cTZd4soixXiKfKilUg5iyFEAwsJqYe2lOrfz2qBOjJ1ts6E5rfr9N0bWGGs-5nKBW-Vpf5X-rRHemuK1EDptxRs8DSqzINUdahqyukWQfNBqk4_CAA7QRkeyv7UKQ-80VwJvFBbf=w567-h1007-no

Vic55 no posts in a while. Do you still have the Tesla?

Indeed I do but I did order a 2023 in white with the round wheel.

AMWts8A0hy0uSiYfVwAk_gHuWRKFrZYFnUJNzG-hYJWnJ3Qc2qgCZ0JB76DM6qS1C1apUSIzrrcsMc0epzL3_tldhRI2QCo3dPs8aKCxd3cvVW42oakvkqnmif6BwFQ1e5gIBedCnNFjhM5bkYDl_92RXXCD=w1788-h1007-no

He probably has been through seriously 18 cars by now. He is th real deal. I bet he has a BMW M4 csl.

Hahahhaah you are great!!
I actually did not get that car ... for some reason I didnt see the gain in performance enough over my current G80X drive plus its RWD and I love traction :)

I do have this too:

AMWts8CixYtfOo2Won7JMezbmLHFZiymaQqoJu9f9FupDiAP-ofDZugLIpMqjebe6kKk-qZLvja_gQZruZ1xHhoPVmODOU6BzKabhdcgaPJJtOsxKSWDHUedjeao977mZY-_TFP80RYQTOwCFT-WRKDcK9m4=w1788-h1007-no

Hey @vic55 im doing a custom drilled swtup like ur hhf5s.if u can do it again would uadjuust ur 21x9.5 21 and 21x10.5 26? Ill br using oem ps4s too. Currently on -6 all around on n2 links.

I would leave mine static; aggressive with rub even when lowered.

Also lead time on vossens?

No idea, I got mine last year in Jan and it took about 5-6 weeks IIRC. Lead times can clearly change so your retailer will know best.

Reactions: Schmollak
Added the Unleashed Customs wheel--- they are local to me so it was an easy pickup and install. It is weird now driving because with a full wheel I think Im in another of my cars and I try to signal with a stalk LOL ....

I honestly did not mind the Yoke but this just made U turns and other full turns that much better. Under higher speeds in bigger bends/turns, it almost feels like the steering tightened up but that just might be because of my hand locations.

AM-JKLWBp-6QPWHKR0EHLEzY0aVXzy4TFp4yPrQ9ecvmn9nxZA0P4SzRRZBI2rAKXs1LA-tbP9oy0q3KBQVyAI19-jqpBq23HlHkybuyeh8nUeWRueXNjo-Bal84v6EGHw5cebTN_cRDTG6sLKD7YKouNpIt=w1791-h1007-no
vic, I was planning on waiting for the Tesla factory option, but I like the look of this wheel. Does it have the weird off-centered wobble issue that I’ve heard is common with these aftermarket round wheels? Secret-EV actually warned me that I would have that issue with their steering wheel when I inquired about purchasing one. How has this steering wheel worked out for you so far?

Reactions: vic55

AMWts8A0hy0uSiYfVwAk_gHuWRKFrZYFnUJNzG-hYJWnJ3Qc2qgCZ0JB76DM6qS1C1apUSIzrrcsMc0epzL3_tldhRI2QCo3dPs8aKCxd3cvVW42oakvkqnmif6BwFQ1e5gIBedCnNFjhM5bkYDl_92RXXCD=w1788-h1007-no

I actually did not get that car ... for some reason I didnt see the gain in performance enough over my current G80X drive plus its RWD and I love traction :)

I do have this too:

AMWts8CixYtfOo2Won7JMezbmLHFZiymaQqoJu9f9FupDiAP-ofDZugLIpMqjebe6kKk-qZLvja_gQZruZ1xHhoPVmODOU6BzKabhdcgaPJJtOsxKSWDHUedjeao977mZY-_TFP80RYQTOwCFT-WRKDcK9m4=w1788-h1007-no
Lovely. Any McLarens on order? 750S? It’s hard to let go of the Plaid. I can beat 98 percent of the people 100 percent of the time.

I do have this too:

I got in the M4 CSL to look at it and had to leave before I did something stupid. Local dealer said you can have it at MSRP.
4CFBCD6E-C6B1-45FF-BFC5-013EB8FE9783.jpeg

vic, I was planning on waiting for the Tesla factory option, but I like the look of this wheel. Does it have the weird off-centered wobble issue that I’ve heard is common with these aftermarket round wheels? Secret-EV actually warned me that I would have that issue with their steering wheel when I inquired about purchasing one. How has this steering wheel worked out for you so far?

Zero wobble or structural concerns, this wheel is an OEM core with the carbon upper added on so its been really good and well made to add.

Lovely. Any McLarens on order? 750S? It’s hard to let go of the Plaid. I can beat 98 percent of the people 100 percent of the time.

Brother I saw your post on the CSL--- I just cant seem to wrap my arms around it when I have a tune G80X drive that will actually pull it and beat it easily from a dig. Now I dont track the G80X so the CSL would probably just be a trophy in my resume vs being used properly so Ive passed. MSRP when you went was a good offer for sure though.

As for Macca's dang I dont know why but thats the one brand Ive never owned. I was leaning towards a 570S when it came out in 2016 but then heard the quality issues and passed. Then I was going to get a GT but passed on that because I got the R8 performance instead. Then most recently Ive gushed over the 765LT but the price points are not prudent in the volatile world for me. So for now--- no English machines :)

@vic55 Hey Vic, been reading through your thread here, lots of information, looks like solid gold. I have a few questions for you:

With the wheel spacers: I do agree, it looks great to have the wheels flush; it is a step in the right direction to make the Plaid look like a precision luxury super car. It also sounds like you have done this many times, so here is my question:
Do you find it causes more wear on the tires as the suspension is not lined up the way it was intended (the center of the wheel tread is not where it should be)? Does it cause any control issues or other problems?

Your paint: Wholly... Vic, man, I have never seen a Tesla shine like yours... Your paint looks like liquid mercury, reminds me of Terminator 2... but better. What products/techniques do you use? Any recommendations? (I apologize if you have already answered this, I may have missed it)

Lastly, do you have a Plaid on order? I am tracking all of the current orders, if you are interested I would love to add you to the sheet. I am posting it in the "Model S Delivery Update" thread. Toss me your info via PM or in a thread if you like and I will add you.

Thanks!

@vic55 Hey Vic, been reading through your thread here, lots of information, looks like solid gold. I have a few questions for you:

With the wheel spacers: I do agree, it looks great to have the wheels flush; it is a step in the right direction to make the Plaid look like a precision luxury super car. It also sounds like you have done this many times, so here is my question:
Do you find it causes more wear on the tires as the suspension is not lined up the way it was intended (the center of the wheel tread is not where it should be)? Does it cause any control issues or other problems?

Thanks for the kind words ... for the spacers, the suspension geometry does not get adjusted (Arms, Camber, Toe, etc) so its just plug and play. Ive been spacing quite a few cars over my life (probably close to 30) and the alignment is never a concern. When they were on, I had zero issues with steering vibrations or control/feel. The chassis was exactly the same in regards to compression and rebound as the spacers are not part of the actual damper set up.

Your paint: Wholly... Vic, man, I have never seen a Tesla shine like yours... Your paint looks like liquid mercury, reminds me of Terminator 2... but better. What products/techniques do you use? Any recommendations? (I apologize if you have already answered this, I may have missed it)

Lastly, do you have a Plaid on order? I am tracking all of the current orders, if you are interested I would love to add you to the sheet. I am posting it in the "Model S Delivery Update" thread. Toss me your info via PM or in a thread if you like and I will add you.

Thanks!
I cant remember what brand ceramic coating he used but my installer does the Ferraris and Lambos at a local dealer. He has excellent products and tools but his skill set is in the process and application. For in between washes Im usually applying beadmaker to keep it glowing.

I do have one on order, I havent even checked on my arrival date or RN. Let me see and Ill advise.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.23
Zero wobble or structural concerns, this wheel is an OEM core with the carbon upper added on so its been really good and well made to add.

Brother I saw your post on the CSL--- I just cant seem to wrap my arms around it when I have a tune G80X drive that will actually pull it and beat it easily from a dig. Now I dont track the G80X so the CSL would probably just be a trophy in my resume vs being used properly so Ive passed. MSRP when you went was a good offer for sure though.

As for Macca's dang I dont know why but thats the one brand Ive never owned. I was leaning towards a 570S when it came out in 2016 but then heard the quality issues and passed. Then I was going to get a GT but passed on that because I got the R8 performance instead. Then most recently Ive gushed over the 765LT but the price points are not prudent in the volatile world for me. So for now--- no English machines :)
You could need one McLaren after the R8/Huracan are gone. McLaren has a V10 coming.

CSL is overpriced. However. why not play?

Internet is surprised you have the Plaid still. You get a new car monthly.

Reactions: vic55