Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could need one McLaren after the R8/Huracan are gone. McLaren has a V10 coming.

CSL is overpriced. However. why not play?

Internet is surprised you have the Plaid still. You get a new car monthly.
LOL there is nothing like the Plaid that I can get and its iterations have not changed enough but until now with the 23 getting the round wheels and red calis... hence my retention is long.

CSL just doesnt fit my desires--- I wont track it so the X drive with a tune does the trick. And at that price point I know its going to fail quickly. MSRP is already the game and soon it will be overpriced and I dont want that car enough as the G80X is 90% of it on the street if not more.

I still cant see myself with a Macca.

Reactions: URBAN LEGEND
LOL there is nothing like the Plaid that I can get and its iterations have not changed enough but until now with the 23 getting the round wheels and red calis... hence my retention is long.

CSL just doesnt fit my desires--- I wont track it so the X drive with a tune does the trick. And at that price point I know its going to fail quickly. MSRP is already the game and soon it will be overpriced and I dont want that car enough as the G80X is 90% of it on the street if not more.

I still cant see myself with a Macca.
Call Elon. Inform him we need 4 motors, CCBS, and 4680s. The streets need this.

Reactions: vic55 and mcvaughan
What is this wobble people talk about?

It’s not really right to call it a wobble. It’s more of a cam effect.

The lower spoke on the yoke is really short compared to the left and right spoke, so it’s not a good core for turning into a round wheel. The bottom half of all the aftermarket wheels have a much smaller radius than the top half, causing the “wobble” when you turn the wheel.

I’m going to wait for the Tesla round wheel because they fixed the lower spoke to be longer for a round wheel.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and zoomer0056

The lower spoke on the yoke is really short compared to the left and right spoke, so it’s not a good core for turning into a round wheel. The bottom half of all the aftermarket wheels have a much smaller radius than the top half, causing the “wobble” when you turn the wheel.

I’m going to wait for the Tesla round wheel because they fixed the lower spoke to be longer for a round wheel.
I find my Secret EV wheel to be wobble-less
1675921576783.jpeg

Reactions: TechieEV and vic55
So here are pics with the spacers on and the stud details. My set up is 20mm square and I feel its perfect for me with no rubbing on short heavy angles or higher speed rips.

Details (Ive already posted the pics of the spacers)

This is the rear stud setup (notice the round tips) these are the tips that hit the back of the wheel with a 20mm spacer and I could have gone 25mm but noooooooooo it would kick the wheels out too much:

AM-JKLX6NB_9HrmRHsaYoZVM8_l0UxijuzsCk0d-1iGMOTxIwrp0QjM05yxuFcJuzkT3Yeo0D-E4fPhO_7bi04kBgM9W0K2E06KzWDMYSfq1CWNCPFLv1WxMW21L6xODmvWh5qbTmzeGuvbmsit4Mfo2JGnX=w567-h1007-no

So we shaved the conical section down and this is what we had with no hubcentric issues. I will never rely on the studs to hold the wheel, it has to be the axle. Before we cut the curves the wheel had just about 4mm of gap from mount to hub--- no way I would allow that nor would my tech. After the cut the wheel sits flush and ... tons of OEM thread left :)

AM-JKLWWzUmObfuE2JhZ382aaV7UuEIxQokDDwKncWKYofa6TfR46F9hhMiximv2ePMxRU49JFKSw0n3SwfI6gy8YxMgkN4wXnjOwFYiHa-LadtUUiugcQUYHRpNpT943QvvZAXU7M3VCZFmb3AqFuYLwcqt=w567-h1007-no

Now the front studs of the Plaid are not curved at all and did not hit the back of the wheel , so the 20mm spacers fit no issue and no cut

AM-JKLXFv9ssER-S95vKLlKqdsxm7PPa6Oc9FXQBOnIcDRSzoL6qlTFRSgL2oMzSG6MdBIqC8TuQztVIUSENit0P1BMmefLBwmhdwfNYP7oDb7ksp0mFSu-_IY4qvK_M-VMp9PaomiFhgN9nNYerm741Svjk=w567-h1007-no

Post install, road tested, road ripped, lauched, etc....

AM-JKLVSN78oOMeBDgTpvDZnLBqnCSor7W0pH6sF8UvSEDR-6N9NYN4fLIIb5C23U1Ie0XJ88KWBD3btZVaDlKWc5vOderD7U8PpHY4T5QvQHOFkNIgLfC6lbQHOUZlQ43xI0VOZWLm_NlzNuqsv81H93OI0=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLUP7j2UhtWnhUcVE2xSqwUSA1F5mOcqH3hm8WGfWQX2LYX9MkhK9XzDTD25O4T_xlOUgxZJFVJ0vatN_c-Ho4JQB4PaLMefxVdqdd7CukPDyHnCC06NAkb6UQyetSWmfedpL8G2kTuntGGJW3Z1qIvA=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLWkzWHpNh5vUG879FIjOwn0wmP6gLdUq39sZx2zAZ3EJ4JUkG5DibFDLmMw4vvCHC9VYFze7GtEIM3GkysJy1uG6quOmXZc0mnMzN5ln06fN_ebDX5q7mdQIzIGNykCvxdplR8feiNTL4iWNImWsaup=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLVLNPLAtyP3-RqrdRmMx3WR_lHYAgeOEKg2dGvHa3C2ceTdNcXMQm9fxPfL_ymvgieqroAzYOsju1WjP9r_lGF5JIGhh9edm41g8FWZqNMUFX67Ss5fsICHLqjYthMvRQVW4x1NNAuII4fETQ2rxgF9=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLUYGrVvq2YAGIu3uEKlpwAoAiNo3m75W7EaC2IrXTJBm4my3wGMzFC46E6jDg2FMz_NXlyPCdwOKUwMlTl-PWt4RmGeUkJJ8f5HadNyn3QCA8kGyYyKjLT2cGVXeHshIfj5SRd00r6BBqpuEAnVKcS9=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLXyXofqJD6qWCzAeuB2HrV3LwV4Yw5K2n4IAhzNwo32SqGuRxffupi1v_BExwyrR8kNQFGFqt_2qetza05orYiajE5Pmffwi34uAtzl_ZxWIpSq3BI89_TamLg_6my3iVExZNv-3IjeVd6x0SmG9Bjz=w1791-h1007-no
d
IM OBSESSED! What spacers would you recommend me using? I dont have a shop near me that I know of that would shave down the studs etc. Do they make something now 2023 that is bolt on with no shaving? Do your wheels rub, you got some seriously good taste my man!

Every aftermarket wheel that uses the yoke as a base will have the "wobble". By wobble I'm referring to the fact that the rotation point of the wheel, where the bolt goes is not the center point of the wheel, because of using the yoke center piece the center point is lower and that bothers some. I have an aftermarket wheel and it doesnt bother me at all, but some people are bothered by it.

Reactions: Laddcruzer
View attachment 924449
View attachment 924451

Inspired by this post. Thanks for the shots and info @vic55 .

15mm MotorsportTech spacers (I felt 20mm was just slightly too far out, this is perfect IMO)

N2itive links (-6 Rear, -5 Fronts)
Have you had an alignment? I was at neg 2.5 degrees camber on both sides in the rear after installing N2itive links -6 on all 4 corners. I bought the N2itive rear camber arms, brought my rear camber back into spec at 0.8 neg camber on both rears.