Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first Tesla service experience - I am amazed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well after weeks of becoming insanely frustrated with the delivery process and lack of accountability I was dreading my first service call. Two weeks into my ownership I needed service......

Yesterday at 4pm my driver's door handle stuck out and I couldn't open the door. I called my local dealer 250 miles away and they apologized and said we are really busy but would 1pm at my house work? I was amazed. Then I got a call two hours later stating the ranger didn't have the part with him and they would overnight it to my home before 10am.

The part came - the Ranger came and my handle was replaced and fixed.

I could not be happier with the service and still befuddled by the lack of accountability and poor follow up with the sales side.

Glad to hear you had a positive experience with the service. A bit unsettling, tho, that you needed service 2 weeks into owning a new Tesla.

I also didn't have too great of a sales and delivery experience with my local Tesla. Fortunately for me, the car is great and so far hasn't needed service.

Reactions: gabeincal
Some parts seem impossible to obtain. Buena Park has been waiting for weeks for a falcon wing door seal with the double stick foam tape that is used to attach the seals. Excuses, apologies and other reasons just keep piling up on my text messages. That doesn't help keep the water off the carpet, seats and ceiling during a car wash.

What andrewket said. No commissioned sleezeballs pushing undercoating, no dealerships. However, if a showroom's primary purpose is to effectively deliver and they can't do that I'd see it as a problem worth telling corporate.

My delivery experience was just about perfect. While there was a week or so gap where I couldn't tell if the car was en route, I knew everything else going on. The tech did a very nice job training me on the car. But then I think Raleigh doesn't get nearly the volume that a lot of West Coast locations do. For those of you on the east coast, the Raleigh SC is awesome.

that is fantastic! our previous car had two handles that started acting up too. they sent the ranger as you described. he said it takes about 1 hr per handle. it took him about 2.5 hours total.

things like the handles are always going to get immediate service because you cannot enter the car without them. we had to climb through one side of the back seat to open the rear door that my kids use for the drive through loop at school. it was not fun.

p.s. i think i may have looked at your P90DL when i started shopping around for the Q3 deals!

For those of you on the east coast, the Raleigh SC is awesome.

That is right off I-95 correct? I plan on charging there in a couple months

I
Did they charge you a ranger fee given you are 250 miles away?

There is no way he was charged. 2 weeks in and the handle stops working? A fee would have been ridiculous
I assume no fee.

My service experience was all positive.
Just got my car back today -6 days at service. 5 minutes to drop off, get an S loaner and leave.
Pick-up was the same. 5 minutes drop off loaner and get my car all fixed up. can't beat that
OP; Yes the Tesla communication seems to be lacking. Many complaints here on the forum for the sales comm.'s

No fee - and that was my P90DL in Denver - I bounced around to three other cars that all had some kind of issues and wound up back with the Denver car.

I am about 200 miles from the closest dealer but they will pick up and deliver my car if service is needed and leave me a loaner.

They said they single trailer a loaner to my house - swap my car on the trailer and then take it to the service depot 15 min from my house and load it on a 3 car carrier and take them all to Cleveland. So two travel days for service but they have been damn nice.

They are grabbing my car in three weeks to put the 72A charger upgrade in it. I just put in a 100A wall connector in my garage so I figured I would upgrade the onboard charger.

Chopr147, my bad. I meant the Raleigh Service Center. They are awesome. Actually, Erick from the Rockville Service Center is awesome too. He's the guy who makes regular trips to Richmond. I do not pay a ranger fee when he comes down for a scheduled service.

The supercharger is in Plymouth, I believe. That one's not so good if you don't like steakhouses. I really didn't like either of the NC chargers off I-95. Nothing shady. Just poor restaurant choices within walking distance.