Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first tire change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to Costco yesterday, my tires are due soon. They have Michelin Pilot Sport AS4. Do you have any experience with those and do you recommend them? Without an offer, they will cost $1,128 installed with no Tax. FYI, I have all my cars tires at Costco, ideally for convenience I would like to keep them there.

What is your experience with those stores?

Thanks

My wife has had many tires installed at Costco, Lexus not Tesla. As long as they know how to lift the car you will be fine. Pilot sports have a lot of good reviews. I just replaced a stock Pirelli on my M3P due to a effing nail, $400 per tire...emeffers. Can contractors please do a better job of securing their material, for eff sakes?!

Reactions: Ren.OG and euro.r
My 2015 model S is probably due for its first tire change, I would think. :D It's like the movie A Christmas Story. "My old man's spare tires were only actually tires in the academic sense. They were round and had once been made of rubber." Mine actually not that bad, but the time has come, so I'll read this thread with interest.

• Funny
Reactions: tm1v2
My wife has had many tires installed at Costco, Lexus not Tesla. As long as they know how to lift the car you will be fine. Pilot sports have a lot of good reviews. I just replaced a stock Pirelli on my M3P due to a effing nail, $400 per tire...emeffers. Can contractors please do a better job of securing their material, for eff sakes?!
Lifting a Tesla is no different than lifting any other car.

They have Michelin Pilot Sport AS4. Do you have any experience with those and do you recommend them?
Got these same tires from Costco back in January, no complaints.
Just had free rotation done at 7,500 miles on the tires.

You might want to bring jack pucks if you are worried that your Costco doesn’t do many Teslas, my guess is they do plenty and have pucks already.

Reactions: Watts_Up
I went to Costco yesterday, my tires are due soon. They have Michelin Pilot Sport AS4.
Do you have 18", 19", or 20" wheels?
What tires and mileage do you currently have?
Did you rotated them? If so, how often?

The only issue with Costco is that they don't do the alignment.
They have in general a shop that they recommend, but the one they sent me didn't work on Tesla?

As a precaution, I alweays put my jack pucks in advance.
They are very difficult to be remove so they cannot drop by themself.
Me too. I just hang my salmon-colored pucks whenever I take my car in for any service. I don't leave it up to the tech to do it. There's enough friction in my homemade pucks, you could drive around with them and they won't fall out.
IMG_8844.jpeg

I disagree and agree. My point is the lifting pucks or risk damage to the battery

Lifting pucks are not at all necessary for jacking or lifting the car with a lift. I work on a lot of these cars at my performance shop and as long as the tech pays attention to the lifting points with a jack or with lift arms it is not a problem. Model 3 is easier to lift on a two post lift than a 2/3/4 Series BMW.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
How is the noise level?
I can’t really tell the difference between these and tires that came with the car, but I have roof racks and sometimes bike racks on those so the wind noise from the roof is loud. I usually have the music playing at a decent level.

My least favorite thing about Model 3 is the wind noise…