Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first valet parking experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to a local Tampa, Florida restaurant with valet-only parking. I pull in and the valet runs over, obviously excited to be driving a Tesla. I pointed to the parking spot in front of me and said "I will pay for valet, but I'm parking it right there myself." His response?

"If I owned that car, I wouldn't let me drive it either...........":biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We left a restaurant (VA Beach, VA) which would only do valet parking. My wife wouldn't let anyone drive the car.
Since then I have the a bookmark on my car for the valet instructions, found it on this site but can't recall the link.

At a hotel the other day I asked to go with the valet.... He just let me do it under guidance. They then gave me a better spot too.

When I got back, this concept surprised the valet guy working, but when I described exactly where it was and that the car behind me was probably blocking me, he stated "wait, that's my BMW, I parked behind a tesla". It turned into a good experience as he moved his car, let me get mine, and then got a good tour/information q&a session with me. Made his day.

Went to a local Tampa, Florida restaurant with valet-only parking. I pull in and the valet runs over, obviously excited to be driving a Tesla. I pointed to the parking spot in front of me and said "I will pay for valet, but I'm parking it right there myself." His response?

"If I owned that car, I wouldn't let me drive it either...........":biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Lol, I love this.

Used the Valet at a Ritz last weekend in Laguna Niguel. When he took my car, he asked me "would you like a charge?" I told him it was not necessary, but when I picked up the car the next morning it was fully charged and they didn't even use my UMC. They said they usually have several Teslas there at a time.

Yea, I was surprised when they asked me that too, I stayed there 3 weeks ago. Their charger was fairly slow ~11 miles an hour, but great that they had a charger. When we checked out Friday morning, the car was fully charged, but we had to wait like 30 mins for them to bring the car around.