TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My first valet parking experience

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Lawsteve, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

Went to a local Tampa, Florida restaurant with valet-only parking. I pull in and the valet runs over, obviously excited to be driving a Tesla. I pointed to the parking spot in front of me and said "I will pay for valet, but I'm parking it right there myself." His response?

"If I owned that car, I wouldn't let me drive it either...........":biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

2. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

We left a restaurant (VA Beach, VA) which would only do valet parking. My wife wouldn't let anyone drive the car.
    Since then I have the a bookmark on my car for the valet instructions, found it on this site but can't recall the link.

3. mpbruin108

mpbruin108 Member

I valet my car at a very popular upscale restaurant recently (and for the first time) mainly because I felt weird asking the valet guy that I don't trust anyone else with my car when he already just parked a ferrari 458 and a aventador.

4. Kraken

Kraken Member

At a hotel the other day I asked to go with the valet.... He just let me do it under guidance. They then gave me a better spot too.

When I got back, this concept surprised the valet guy working, but when I described exactly where it was and that the car behind me was probably blocking me, he stated "wait, that's my BMW, I parked behind a tesla". It turned into a good experience as he moved his car, let me get mine, and then got a good tour/information q&a session with me. Made his day.

5. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Lol, I love this.

6. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

Used the Valet at a Ritz last weekend in Laguna Niguel. When he took my car, he asked me "would you like a charge?" I told him it was not necessary, but when I picked up the car the next morning it was fully charged and they didn't even use my UMC. They said they usually have several Teslas there at a time.

7. HHHH

HHHH Member

Yea, I was surprised when they asked me that too, I stayed there 3 weeks ago. Their charger was fairly slow ~11 miles an hour, but great that they had a charger. When we checked out Friday morning, the car was fully charged, but we had to wait like 30 mins for them to bring the car around.