TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

My first visit to a supercharger

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by PatD, Apr 22, 2015.

1. PatD

PatD Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Broomall, PA
    Wow! That was SOOOO cool! Stopped at the Newark, DE rest stop because I just wanted to try the supercharger. That was amazing! Can't believe the power behind these things! Here's a screen shot and that wasn't even where it peaked!

In love! :love:

2015-04-21 18.17.50.png
  2. Tyl

Tyl Member

Jun 26, 2013
    Phoenix East Valley
    Congrats on your first supercharge!! You are now free to travel about the continent!
  3. wraithnot

wraithnot Model S VIN #5785

Dec 16, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    I had a similar experience the first time I used a supercharger. It is such an elegant solution to the problem of how to take long road trips in an electric vehicle.

There are still some limitations such as how the power tapers off as the battery fills up and superchargers that are located in places where there is not much to do other than sit in the car and wait for it to finish. But I am still amazed by how well it all works. And that a relatively young company could succeed at something so ambitious.