Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Front Window Tint Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been looking to get my front windows tinted to match the factory back window tint. I rarely if ever have passengers in the back, do not care about UV protection for them and I've never had it before for myself, so only looking to do it for cosmetic reasons.

I'm in San Diego, CA and am set on Monumental Workx. They came recommended from this forum and reddit and heard nothing but great things about their service.

They told me the factory stock tint on the back windows is about 22.5% so they would use 25% on the front and it would be $150. Lummar FormulaOne Pinnacle.

Does this sound accurate and is the price right? This is for 2 windows. Thanks!

Been looking to get my front windows tinted to match the factory back window tint. I rarely if ever have passengers in the back, do not care about UV protection for them and I've never had it before for myself, so only looking to do it for cosmetic reasons...

Does this sound accurate and is the price right? This is for 2 windows. Thanks!

That’s cheap AF. Usually costs around $500-600 for all 4 windows and rear.

Hey, thanks for reading! ;)

Ok cool, thanks for the recommendation. Any particular reason why, or just for looks?
If you're tinting for heat rejection at all, most of the heat comes through the front windshield and Photosync is the best heat rejecting tint. It makes a substantial difference even in the clear color (70% VLT). Otherwise, if you just want to match the rear windows, your current selection is fine.

If you're tinting for heat rejection at all, most of the heat comes through the front windshield and Photosync is the best heat rejecting tint. It makes a substantial difference even in the clear color (70% VLT). Otherwise, if you just want to match the rear windows, your current selection is fine.
I agree Spectra Photosync is the best heat rejection film on the market; however, SPH70 is not clear. None of the window films on the market are "clear". The closest you will find is the Llumar Air 80 or Air 90 and even those films are not "clear".

Too bad the photosync has a blue tint. I’m happy with my Formula 1 Stratos!

9332A8E7-3EBA-4EC5-9362-4AFAE87BCBFF.jpeg
7B2202AF-9B75-4D37-977A-DE9E90B1CB54.jpeg
1CD65F5D-2E84-45C2-A44E-4104C4DE2398.jpeg
I had my windows tinted with Photosync, 70% on the windshield and sunroof, 30% everywhere else.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
Wow the owner is a great salesman! Ain’t no tint ever worth that much. Got stratos all around with windshield for 1100.
California tax for sure. Photosync doesn't cost nearly that much in other locales. You seem really high on Stratos. BLUF: Photosync is a better film than Stratos and it's not close. Stratos doesn't even outperform 3M Crystalline and that film came out eons ago.

I didn’t want bluish tint.
The color characteristic is charcoal for the lower VLT film options (SPH 35 and 45). When you get to SPH 55 and above the color leans more toward blue hues. I have SPH 45 on the two front windows and the film is not blue at all. I have SPH 70 on the rears and back glass but since the OEM glass is dyed in the rear the blue color characteristics are not present.

To the OP, that price is about right. I paid $175 for the fronts here in Seattle. I did end up going 18% to match rears from outside. 25% will definitely look lighter than the rears from outside unless you also tint the windshield. You would need to go even a bit darker if you have white interior.

FBAC2511-761F-4754-B6F9-009E2EF33792.jpeg

Reactions: bob00
To the OP, that price is about right. I paid $175 for the fronts here in Seattle. I did end up going 18% to match rears from outside. 25% will definitely look lighter than the rears from outside unless you also tint the windshield. You would need to go even a bit darker if you have white interior.

View attachment 735634.
What shop did you use? I’m headed to The dark side next week. Black with white interior…debating 20 or 25 for fronts.