Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Front Window Tint Only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP, how do you like the 25% on your front windows? Do you wish you got the rear sides done? Did you ever get your windshield tinted too?

I have an appointment at monumental next week
Been looking to get my front windows tinted to match the factory back window tint. I rarely if ever have passengers in the back, do not care about UV protection for them and I've never had it before for myself, so only looking to do it for cosmetic reasons.

I'm in San Diego, CA and am set on Monumental Workx. They came recommended from this forum and reddit and heard nothing but great things about their service.

They told me the factory stock tint on the back windows is about 22.5% so they would use 25% on the front and it would be $150. Lummar FormulaOne Pinnacle.

Does this sound accurate and is the price right? This is for 2 windows.

My local Xpel shop, Xpel Boise, tinted the front two windows to match the rears. It ran $180 for their top of the line Xpel Pro+ ceramic. Not sure what % they used, just told them "match the rears". Their tint guy used a tint meter and did a great job matching it up.

Tint.jpg

Dollar for dollar, in my opinion XPEL XR+ is the best.

Spectra has a bit higher TSER on paper, but vendors are few and far between. Also these dealers know they aren't readily available and tax the heck out of anyone asking for their film.

XPEL is quite easy to locate, an american company with a solid lifetime warranty that follows the car. Redeemable at any XPEL dealer nationwide.

I paid ALOT less than what others paid for Spectra (750 for all windows + windshield, no sunroof).

I couldn't be happier. Car is cool as hell on a hot day.

I also didn't like that Spectra was lighter and offered less privacy than the comparable XPEL shade. (though this may be a pro to some)

Spectra has a bit higher TSER on paper, but vendors are few and far between. Also these dealers know they aren't readily available and tax the heck out of anyone asking for their film.

XPEL is quite easy to locate, an american company with a solid lifetime warranty that follows the car. Redeemable at any XPEL dealer nationwide.

I paid ALOT less than what others paid for Spectra (750 for all windows + windshield, no sunroof).

I also didn't like that Spectra was lighter and offered less privacy than the comparable XPEL shade. (though this may be a pro to some)
+1. Spectra Photosync is the best film on the market. I've had it on two vehicles (including my last Model Y) and it's a phenomenal film. I have XPEL Prime Plus on my current Model Y and it's been good but it's not Photosync and you can tell the difference. For what it's worth, I would not get the XPEL film again.

Reactions: Freshness
+1. Spectra Photosync is the best film on the market. I've had it on two vehicles (including my last Model Y) and it's a phenomenal film. I have XPEL Prime Plus on my current Model Y and it's been good but it's not Photosync and you can tell the difference. For what it's worth, I would not get the XPEL film again.

I think what really drew me to XPEL was the brand standing behind their product. If I have bubbles in my tint or improper install, XPEL will pay for Shop X to redo it and I never have to go back to Shop Y if my install was subpar. With nothing out of my pocket.

I have yet to see any other brand film match this type of warranty. Typically if there's a defect it is referred back to the installer and a back and forth ensues.

I have had XPEL replace tint on my 2022 S because the first installer left some dust on the window. Took it to a different installer and paid nothing, XPEL reimbursed them.

Hopefully you never have to use the warranty, but an experience like that deserves points regardless.

I feel the opposite way. Didn't think the possible difference was worth the premium over Crystalline and wouldn't do the Photosync again. I need to do a proper instrumented test as I dont think it's anywhere close to 80% TSER and I have another car with Crystalline.

I feel the opposite way. Didn't think the possible difference was worth the premium over Crystalline and wouldn't do the Photosync again. I need to do a proper instrumented test as I dont think it's anywhere close to 80% TSER and I have another car with Crystalline.
Interesting. I've had Crystalline on a prior vehicle as well and it performed as good if not a little better than the top of the line XPEL film. Of course this is my non-scientific experience and I have not performed an instrumented test. I would love to see the results of your testing.

Thanks for the positive review of XR+. I'm shopping for quotes in HI right now for XR+35 and XR Blue 80 on the windshield.

What % did you go with?

Thanks for the positive review of XR+. I'm shopping for quotes in HI right now for XR+35 and XR Blue 80 on the windshield.

What % did you go with?

I went with XPEL 15% on the front windows, 35% rear windows for a fully matched look with privacy in mind.

I wanted the windshield done at 70% but the installers told me to try 55% because the white interior really makes the tint appear lighter than it is. This only matters if you prefer a private look.

So I ended up with XR Plus 55 on the windshield. It's basically at the very lowest I would ever go. But if you have white interior, this is pretty much your only option to have some privacy within the car.

This is how the 15/35/55 look in direct sunlight.

IMG_0830.jpeg
IMG_0831.jpeg

And here is how it looks outside of direct lighting.

IMG_0822.jpeg

Thanks for the pics. My priority is heat rejection balanced with night time vision. Improved privacy is a bonus, but not absolutely required. I'm limited to the XR Blue 80 on the windshield for HI laws. And I'm considering that on the rears just to improve heat rejection.

I've got a blue/black combo that is getting Xpel Stealth ppf too.

My local Xpel shop, Xpel Boise, tinted the front two windows to match the rears. It ran $180 for their top of the line Xpel Pro+ ceramic. Not sure what % they used, just told them "match the rears". Their tint guy used a tint meter and did a great job matching it up.

View attachment 827837

thanks for pics and info. Ive been so lazy about getting tint done, lol. I just need to do it!

Reactions: csrpenfab