Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Girlfriend Ordered a Model 3 AWD Long-Range!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there TMC,

My girlfriend's Honda has over 275,000 miles on it and she was in the market for a new vehicle. She liked the Mercedes GLA SUV, the MINI Countryman, and she's been intrigued by the Tesla Model 3 I've had for a week.

While I like all of the choices, I've been gently pushing her toward the Tesla as electric has so many benefits over ICE. We also live close to a Supercharging station, and are in the beginning phases of a complicated L2 charger upgrade (more on that later).

She pretty much decided on a Tesla without testing the MINI or Mercedes, and today we found a Tesla event at our local Supercharging area. She drove both the Model Y and a Model 3, and loved the Model 3 for its smaller size and great visibility. The Y was nice too but she preferred the smaller 3. While at the event, she ordered a grey metallic AWD LR with white seats, stock wheels. We should have it home here in 3-5 weeks! I even saw the same Tesla advisor who delivered my car to me! Very nice guy, and he helped my girlfriend in the baking SoCal heat here with an umbrella sun shield and everything.

Needless to say, we got stunning customer service, she got her Tesla test-drives in, and now we're waiting the requisite 3-5 weeks for delivery. Oh yeah, I was able to use my referral info too! Awesome perk.

TSLA investors, you're welcome, LOL. I wish I'd gotten in on that when I was telling everyone else to buy at $400. I couldn't for very good reasons but holy cow the stock performance has been nothing less than shocking. I saw this pattern developing kinda early on, because it was clear that Tesla's biggest issue was trying to keep up with demand (a very good problem to have).

Anyhoot, two-Tesla fam here! Girlfriend is beyond excited.

Hi there TMC,

My girlfriend's Honda has over 275,000 miles on it and she was in the market for a new vehicle. She liked the Mercedes GLA SUV, the MINI Countryman, and she's been intrigued by the Tesla Model 3 I've had for a week.

While I like all of the choices, I've been gently pushing her toward the Tesla as electric has so many benefits over ICE. We also live close to a Supercharging station, and are in the beginning phases of a complicated L2 charger upgrade (more on that later).

She pretty much decided on a Tesla without testing the MINI or Mercedes, and today we found a Tesla event at our local Supercharging area. She drove both the Model Y and a Model 3, and loved the Model 3 for its smaller size and great visibility. The Y was nice too but she preferred the smaller 3. While at the event, she ordered a grey metallic AWD LR with white seats, stock wheels. We should have it home here in 3-5 weeks! I even saw the same Tesla advisor who delivered my car to me! Very nice guy, and he helped my girlfriend in the baking SoCal heat here with an umbrella sun shield and everything.

Needless to say, we got stunning customer service, she got her Tesla test-drives in, and now we're waiting the requisite 3-5 weeks for delivery. Oh yeah, I was able to use my referral info too! Awesome perk.

TSLA investors, you're welcome, LOL. I wish I'd gotten in on that when I was telling everyone else to buy at $400. I couldn't for very good reasons but holy cow the stock performance has been nothing less than shocking. I saw this pattern developing kinda early on, because it was clear that Tesla's biggest issue was trying to keep up with demand (a very good problem to have).

Congratulations! We’re also a two-Tesla family. Timon (my Model 3) and Pumbaa (her Model X) look great in the driveway next to each other!

Just in time, too, since you can see my un-PPF’d, un-ceramic’d, panel gapped, car-wash-tracked Model 3 is just rusting away!

A0BB7A19-170B-4C99-88F7-4505C553CE73.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Spacep0d
We also live close to a Supercharging station, and are in the beginning phases of a complicated L2 charger upgrade (more on that later).
Are you getting two separate chargers or share the same one?

...today we found a Tesla event at our local Supercharging area.
How did you get informed?
- Did you pass by and just noticed the event or did you received an e-mail for it?
- Is there any website announcing such events?

Are you getting two separate chargers or share the same one?

How did you get informed?
- Did you pass by and just noticed the event or did you received an e-mail for it?
- Is there any website announcing such events?

One L2 charger should cover us both. We don't need to charge all the time and can alternate nights for off-peak charging.

We were looking to book a test drive for the Model Y and 3 for her, and realized an event was happening close to home last weekend. We headed over and she got to drive a Model Y and Model 3 back-to-back. The event I believe was right on the Tesla site.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Hi there TMC,

Great story. I live in Santa Clarita too and I ordered a MGM LR AWD in July. Should be ready in September.

Reactions: Spacep0d