Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Group Buy (Suma Convex Mirrors for MY, S, X and 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had installed a blind spot mirror on the driver's side, because the OEM mirror had a large blind spot for me. I bought a blind spot mirror for the passenger's side, but never installed it. The OEM passenger's side mirror was wide enough for me, so the Suma is as well. It'd be nice if they just sold the driver's side.

I had installed a blind spot mirror on the driver's side, because the OEM mirror had a large blind spot for me. I bought a blind spot mirror for the passenger's side, but never installed it. The OEM passenger's side mirror was wide enough for me, so the Suma is as well. It'd be nice if they just sold the driver's side.
Single mirrors would be great - when I installed aspheric mirrors on my 911's you could buy driver's side and passenger side separately. On the passenger side I was just happy to get rid of the warning language.

Now that I've had a few trips with my new Suma mirrors, I really like them. My driver's side blind spot is completely gone. As a car passes, it is visible in my mirror as it becomes visible in the corner of my eye - literally zero blind spot. This is with the mirror still seeing the edge of my car. This is so much more natural for me as compared to my little stuck-on blind spot mirror.

I was a little concerned about making a lane change with a car too close due to the wide angle. I turned on my rear camera when driving to see how the perceived distance of cars related to reality. The good news is that because of the shape of the MY rear window, cars were already much farther away than I realized. Even with the driver's mirror making cars appear farther away than they are, the distance I'd naturally use for a lane change still looks about right in the mirror.

Now that I've had a few trips with my new Suma mirrors, I really like them. My driver's side blind spot is completely gone. As a car passes, it is visible in my mirror as it becomes visible in the corner of my eye - literally zero blind spot. This is with the mirror still seeing the edge of my car. This is so much more natural for me as compared to my little stuck-on blind spot mirror.

I was a little concerned about making a lane change with a car too close due to the wide angle. I turned on my rear camera when driving to see how the perceived distance of cars related to reality. The good news is that because of the shape of the MY rear window, cars were already much farther away than I realized. Even with the driver's mirror making cars appear farther away than they are, the distance I'd naturally use for a lane change still looks about right in the mirror.

Thanks for posting your review, really want these as I've been unable to adjust the mirrors to eliminate the blind spot on the Y but wanted to hear what people thought before ordering.

I find the same...no blind spots. My wife really likes them on her MY. Huge difference for her and she feels much more confident when making lane changes.

Reactions: RocDeef and CO_MY