Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[my] Home Computer screen flickers [ when i charge my car ]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know what causes my home PC screen to flicker when my Tesla is charging ?

As people said, not much to go on, there... but taking a stab at it, I would say that its possible that you are charging your car on a shared circuit... the same one that your computer and or monitor is plugged into.

What you are describing could be because of issues with your electrical setup at your home, which charging an EV definitely taxes. You should quickly try to isolate and figure out what is going on, and not ignore it.

Reactions: Gasaraki
Upvote 0
What do you mean by "flicker"? Is it going off and on real fast or are you seeing distortions in the image? (Can you take a pic or video?)

Also how are you charging? What kind of outlet are you using / amps is it drawing, is it on a dedicated breaker, etc.

I'm not recommending this as a full solution, cuz there may be bigger issues at play, but putting your computer on an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) may help stabilize its power and prevent the flickering.

Upvote 0