Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Hugely Bittersweet Model S news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi board:

I have been mostly a lurker here for 1 year now, and finally got my schedule delivery button! Awesome news, yes, but found out the SAME EXACT day that I might be laid off from my job.
Yikes.
Anyway, I spoke with Tesla and they said I could postpone for 30 days (not enough time) but that I would forfeit my deposit if I didn't take delivery.
They did say I could simply "assign" someone else to take delivery (and thus make payment on the balance).

So my question to the board is... does anyone know anyone who wants to take my spot? I'd love to get my $5k back... no premium or anything.
Details on my <sob> baby up for adoption:
Grey
40kwH - so 60 with the software limiter - upgradeable on demand - Superchargers upgradeable as well.
Rear facing seats
Tech Package
Active Suspension
Glass roof
Black Leather interior
Sound package.

My list was just over $75k.

Obviously sad... but my loss can be someones gain. Thanks all.

Man, sorry to hear that. Hope the job situation works out soon. Put a post in the Tesla for sale section as well as over at the Tesla Motors forum. I would also consider an ad on Ebay. Good luck! It is an awesome car, but after all, just a car and maybe things will work out and you can get back on the reservation list soon.

You have any luck getting someone to swap? I have a few friends I can send the link to who might be interested.

What was the interior decor?
Why was the list 75,000? I'm assuming that's before the tax credit, but I did a spec for a 60 with your options (assuming you didn't go for wall charger, dual chargers, 21" wheels) and I got:

Base for 60: 63,570
Less hobbled horse discount: (10,000)
Black paint: 0
Roof: 1,500
Leather: 1,500
Tech 3,750
Sound Studio: 950
Active Air: 1,500
Rear Facing Seats: 1,500
Total 64,270
Add back: 7,500 tax rebate

Total: $71,770

Are you including sales taxes to get to $75,000?

Last edited: