TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

My idea for an outdoor HPWC

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Rockster, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I purchased a second wall charger in anticipation of our Model 3 and for a while considered mounting the charger on an outside brick wall. I ended up mounting it in the garage instead; however, this was my idea for protecting the wall charger from our strong north Texas rain storms. (I apologize for the crude Photoshop mockup.)

HPWC-Payphone.jpg

These aluminum payphone enclosures, in a variety of colors, can be purchased new online and seemed the perfect solution!

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

While that is pretty fun, the HPWC is designed to be weather sealed from the elements.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Yes, it is. But the manual does say that protection from rain is "recommended, but not required." Considering that it's on a 100 amp circuit and I don't have a spare house, I was electing to follow Tesla's recommendation. :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
  4. gregd

gregd Active Member

Nice. But, what is a "payphone"?

• Funny x 3