Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY in Pasadena, CA showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving past Pasadena today, called to see if they had a MY in the showroom to check out. They did, so I hustled over there.

I’ve got a MY LR, MSM/Black 19”, Tow Hitch for me & a MY LR Red/White, 19” for my wife, on order (ordered both in May, 2020) but still had that lingering doubt...is it worth the $$, will I be comfortable, is the big touchscreen easy to use, etc. Even my wife wasn’t completely sold. She’s been looking at Land Rover Velar’s and BMW X5’s. We know all about the 7-day test drive, but we really don’t want to hassle with that. We wanted to see one in person.

I didn’t test drive it, but that’s OK because ALL doubts have now been erased, haha!! The interior is fantastic. Love the minimalism, love the responsiveness of the touchscreen, love the room all around. Love the blue sparkles in the MSM haha!! Even the aero covers look better in person (but I’ll still dip them or the Gemini’s haha!!).

My wife was also totally convinced. Luckily they had an M3 with white interior for her to see in person and she’s in love.

OK, now I’m officially excited haha!! Good luck to all those waiting!! And thanks to all those who have posted pics of their new MY’s!! Keep ‘em coming!!

Reactions: IdaX and Fred42
I was driving past Pasadena today, called to see if they had a MY in the showroom to check out. They did, so I hustled over there.

I’ve got a MY LR, MSM/Black 19”, Tow Hitch for me & a MY LR Red/White, 19” for my wife, on order (ordered both in May, 2020) but still had that lingering doubt...is it worth the $$, will I be comfortable, is the big touchscreen easy to use, etc. Even my wife wasn’t completely sold. She’s been looking at Land Rover Velar’s and BMW X5’s. We know all about the 7-day test drive, but we really don’t want to hassle with that. We wanted to see one in person.

I didn’t test drive it, but that’s OK because ALL doubts have now been erased, haha!! The interior is fantastic. Love the minimalism, love the responsiveness of the touchscreen, love the room all around. Love the blue sparkles in the MSM haha!! Even the aero covers look better in person (but I’ll still dip them or the Gemini’s haha!!).

My wife was also totally convinced. Luckily they had an M3 with white interior for her to see in person and she’s in love.

OK, now I’m officially excited haha!! Good luck to all those waiting!! And thanks to all those who have posted pics of their new MY’s!! Keep ‘em coming!!
Does the show room is open to anyone or do you need to make an appointment?
Did they limit the number of customer inside the store?
Did they require wearing a mask, spray some sanitizer on your hands or give gloves...?
Did they clean the car after each customer visit?
Did you have a sales person answering question or do you just look by yourself?

Does the show room is open to anyone or do you need to make an appointment?
Does they limit the number of customer inside the store?
Does they require wearing a mask, spray some sanitizer on your hands or give gloves...?
Does they clean the car after each customer visit?

We just showed up unannounced and were allowed inside.
Not sure about a limit, but my wife and I were the only people other than the four Tesla folks
We had masks on, as did all the Tesla reps...the Tesla reps said they had wiped the entire vehicle down before we got there
They said they wipe down the entire car after every customer.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Finally got a test drive today in Newport Beach. MY, LR, white/black, inductions, fsd.

A brief self-EV history:

- My gateway drug to EV’s was a 2014 Smart Electric. This was the days of the crazy $0 down, $68/month leases w/12k per year. Cheap, fun to drive, but only ~70 miles (!) of range, haha!! Definitely a “third car” used only for commuting and errands around town.

- After that, I was hooked on EV and got a killer lease on a 2017 Chevy Bolt. BIG step up in every way, of course. I REALLY like my Bolt. Range is great. Also fun to drive, tons of room, great visibility all around. I liked it so much I was planning on getting a 2020 Bolt to replace it...Then I heard in May, 2020 that the MY was finally available to order.

I checked the specs, loved the look, and so I ordered two (one for me, one for my wife).

As I stated in the first post, I was totally sold after sitting in one, but still wanted that drive. Well, today’s drive 100% sealed the deal. Wow...another BIG step up, haha!! I’m especially blown away by the top-end roll-on acceleration!! Yikes, easy to hit triple-digits haha!!

Cabin was very quiet, almost a “muted” feeling, and my Bolt isn’t loud. Seats were great. Visibility out the rear view will take some getting used to, haha!! The tech is of course phenomenal.

My wife and I are really excited to be joining the Tesla scene. Hoping for June deliveries!! Good luck again to all those waiting.

Reactions: rxlawdude