Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My incredibly detailed CPO buying experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just recently flew into Dallas to pick up a service loaner, and while the car was ready, the contract and paperwork was not. Short story: waited 8hrs at the Dallas store and ended up driving the car home as a loaner. I'm still waiting on the contract. Reserved 11/02 and picked up 11/24.

What do you mean you drive the car home as a loaner? You mean they let you drive the car home though they technically own it since the paperwork wasn't ready?

I thought the paperwork would be pretty standard? o_O

What do you mean you drive the car home as a loaner? You mean they let you drive the car home though they technically own it since the paperwork wasn't ready?

I thought the paperwork would be pretty standard? o_O

Correct. Texas is a weird state for Tesla. My guess is they're having to transfer the car to Georgia before they can create the contract. This was all supposed to be taken care of ahead of time of course but .... Another holdeup is I'm asking for them to agree to fix a couple issues with the car before I buy. Yellow around center screen and I want them to check the front motor. Seems too loud based on other "d" loaners I've had.

Correct. Texas is a weird state for Tesla. My guess is they're having to transfer the car to Georgia before they can create the contract. This was all supposed to be taken care of ahead of time of course but .... Another holdeup is I'm asking for them to agree to fix a couple issues with the car before I buy. Yellow around center screen and I want them to check the front motor. Seems too loud based on other "d" loaners I've had.

Congratulations! You actually got to test drive your CPO car before purchase :p

So I guess the secret to buying a CPO car and being able to personally inspect it and test drive the car before purchase is to take delivery in Texas? :rolleyes:

Congratulations! You actually got to test drive your CPO car before purchase :p

So I guess the secret to buying a CPO car and being able to personally inspect it and test drive the car before purchase is to take delivery in Texas? :rolleyes:
I would prefer to own the car rather than be in limbo like this, but yes the extended test drive as a result of their repeated mistakes and delays has enabled me to inspect the car better than had they been ready 11/24 like they were supposed to :cool:

thanks for sharing. that was quite a write up. pretty par for the course in my experience with tesla though. great tech but a bunch of clowns running and working for the company. not just the CPO program but the new cars and service centers as well.