Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My insurance appraiser is quoting $23K to fixing this Model X. Is that accurate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!
I was nearly stopped on a high on my Model X when I got rear ended at full highway speed from an SUV, and then pushed forward to hit another truck. However, the insurance appraiser is quoting 23K to fix the whole car (appraised ballpark at the tow yard before the tear down or going to a Tesla Certified Shop) - is that accurate? I was thinking this would be closer to a total loss than a repair job.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

• CAR_FRONT1.png
    CAR_FRONT1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 286
  • car_rear.png
    car_rear.png
    964.7 KB · Views: 217
Thank you everyone for your replies so far.
He did an exterior examination at the tow yard as-is above - so he said he hasn't done any electrical, structural, or battery estimate. I believe he said he used something called CC1(?) system to estimate the OEM parts for that 23K. Another thing to note is that the airbag was not deployed.

Just afraid that the body shop would try to make it a repair where possible - but of course if it's too much the insurance would call it a loss.

I forgot that u said u almost stopped, its possible airbags didn't deploy due to low speed but u might still have front rail damage...hard to say
With this impact i wouldn't worry about battery, im sure its fine. No battery related components are anywhere near the front.
Also if rear quarter panels are intact then its just a tailgate/bumper fix with maybe some body repair under, should be easy.
Its all about having a salvage car after its fixed, whether thats ok with u or not.
used to be big deal cause u would lose Supercharging but seems tesla now allows u back after HV inspection
I'm 99% sure it will be totaled tho once they pull front things apart, just check Copart and IAAI what Teslas are there, sometimes far less damage...

Thank you! right as for "having a salvage car after its fixed" - is hopefully where we can recoup the diminished value from the at-fault insurance company. haven't come across Copart and IAAI - but these are extremely helpful & you're right, there are ones with far less damage on there...