TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My is my Model S missing these features?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SoCalNick, Dec 30, 2019.

1. SoCalNick

SoCalNick Member

I have a 2018 MS 100D with MCU2 and HW2.5.

I do not have the option to save dashcam video by honking my horn.
    I do not have the option to confirm that my car is locked (on walking away) with the car making a beep.

My friend's ModelX has these.

I thought the MCU was essentially the same between the two cars - why is the software different?

2. SoCal Buzz

SoCal Buzz Supporting Member

What firmware are you on? 2019.40.50 has the video save upon honk.

I’ve never heard of any S beeping when car locks... same should be true of the X. Not sure about 3.

3. kdday

kdday Active Member

X now honks on lock. S doesn't that I know of. I have an 2016 S and my mom has a brand new 2020 X.

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

It is only available in the latest software

5. cookie99

cookie99 Member

Save dashcam by honking was in the newest update, you may be an update behind. Do you have the other features from this update like the addition to the Stardew Valley Game?

Beep on lock is a model X feature

6. Mark_T

Mark_T Active Member

Please check that you firmware is at least on 2019.40.50, and if it is please confirm the manufacture date of your car...