Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My journey with Tesla's referral program...spoiler, it's terrible.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is far from the first thread where someone has bitched about Tesla being difficult about not bending to those who can't follow instructions.

Also, it seems like the who are in this situation write REALLLLLLYYYY long posts about it. Reeks of entitlement.

Sorry: not much sympathy from me.
Not looking for or needing anyone's sympathy. I did exactly as Tesla instructed me in order to get what they were promising and it didn't happen. The subsequent process of trying to get it resolved and Tesla's handling of it has been the terrible experience, not the fact I didn't get the referral or miles.

When placing the order, my SA asked if I had a referral code and I said hold on. Went to Youtube, got one, and that was that. It did take at least a week to show up though. I was beginning to have doubts.

I guess it's the luck of the draw. My SA was really on top of things. Excellent communication as well. It was night and day from what I see others go through on this forum.
I actually had that thought in the moment as well, but I wanted my friend to get the miles, not a YouTuber who already has enough referrals for two free Roadsters. :)

the same run-around for a manual retro add, but I finally got my 1K for my own purchase (took months of back and forth with referral dept emails) It helped that my referrer got a credit showing on his end and I sent them a screenshot.

Was your SA in Kierland? Mine was on paternity leave for months too, then left the company. Seems like they need to watch their benefits package closer than referral program.
Not Kierland, Scottsdale Fashion Park.

I actually had that thought in the moment as well, but I wanted my friend to get the miles, not a YouTuber who already has enough referrals for two free Roadsters. :)

When I was searching for the referral code on Youtube, I initially had a hard time finding the video of the Youtuber I liked, so I asked if I could send it to him later, and he said that it was better to get it now, and to take as much time as I needed. I'm sure that made the difference.

As for your friend, yeah I would have done the same in your situation. Your SA dropped the ball unfortunately. I put the blame squarely on him for not following through. Even if he was on paternity leave, he could have replied with a simple one line sentence email explaining the situation. And if he was any good at his job, he would have followed up with his colleague. One phone call to get things in order would not have hurt him.