TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

My late night drive home.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MDinFL, Sep 23, 2016.

1. MDinFL

MDinFL Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    So my flight was delayed over an hour, so I landed at midnight and got in my CPO 2013 P85 around 12:20 or so. And I thought to myself "boy wouldn't it be nice to have Auto Pilot" for the hour plus drive home after a long day.

These types of days don't happen that often, but maybe there's an AP car in my future in a few years.

The funny thing was that this car's predecessor was a RWD 535. I originally went to the dealer to look at a used 535xi and decided to go with this car instead.

On the way home, We went through miles and miles of downpour and I thought to myself "boy wouldn't it be nice to have that AWD right now."

I think I bring this bad luck to myself.

OTOH, on the way to the airport I drove through torrential rain and the MS was rock solid. It greeted me with an update screen and I thought it was V8. This morning it was clear that it wasn't.

Oh well.
    • Like x 1
  2. arisythila

arisythila Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    I was thinking about the same thing the other day... Man when I have to fly from Seattle to Chicago, and back in the same day it would be nice to have autopilot, to give me a hand with the drive home! I live about 50-75 miles from the airport... hehe
    • Like x 1