TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My late night drive home.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MDinFL, Sep 23, 2016.

1. MDinFL

MDinFL Member

So my flight was delayed over an hour, so I landed at midnight and got in my CPO 2013 P85 around 12:20 or so. And I thought to myself "boy wouldn't it be nice to have Auto Pilot" for the hour plus drive home after a long day.

These types of days don't happen that often, but maybe there's an AP car in my future in a few years.

The funny thing was that this car's predecessor was a RWD 535. I originally went to the dealer to look at a used 535xi and decided to go with this car instead.

On the way home, We went through miles and miles of downpour and I thought to myself "boy wouldn't it be nice to have that AWD right now."

I think I bring this bad luck to myself.

OTOH, on the way to the airport I drove through torrential rain and the MS was rock solid. It greeted me with an update screen and I thought it was V8. This morning it was clear that it wasn't.

Oh well.

• Like x 1
  2. arisythila

arisythila Member

I was thinking about the same thing the other day... Man when I have to fly from Seattle to Chicago, and back in the same day it would be nice to have autopilot, to give me a hand with the drive home! I live about 50-75 miles from the airport... hehe

• Like x 1