Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Leasplan M3 Has Disappeared from my Tesla Account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an e-mail from Tesla on 12th June asking me to "Review my payment method" for Supercharging. Had a look on my account and my car has disappeared! It's leased and wonder if this is related to the thread about lost referral miles...

Anyone leasing had their miles taken?

I have a feeling anyone with a leased car or perhaps just leased via Leaseplan has had their car moved out of your personal Tesla account to a Leaseplan owned Tesla account.

Does this mean when I go to Supercharge the car is no longer linked to my account and thus I can't Supercharge? Gonna have to go try at the weekend. If the car isn't linked to my profile then I can't see how they are going to charge me for using a Supercharger.

Could folks with leased cars and especially via Leaseplan check if their car is still showing on their Tesla account?

App is working fine and car still shows up but I am worried about Supercharging.

Go try it, if it still charges fine at SC then you either won’t get billed, or you will get billed later when they fix whatever they broke. If it doesn’t work, call both Tesla and Leaseplan and say it needs fixing today.

My lease car (Tusker) has never shown in my account (website). Obviously the App works (as a driver and not owner), and I’m having trouble securing some referral free SC miles.

SC works fine, I can see consumption in History section of website, and charges are paid on my registered credit card.

Think Tesla are still working out how to properly manage leased cars!!!!

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: TM3P1 and Andy_T_73
I’m also with LeasePlan, had the same email as the OP and looks like my car is no longer in the account area on the website too. My payment method and charging history are all still there though. It seemed to me that the web apps have undergone a little spruce up, and I presumed they had just broken stuff because the car is still in my phone app.

It will be some time before I’m allowed anywhere near a Supercharger, so I’d be grateful to hear about anyone’s experience with supercharging who experienced the same.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andy_T_73
I'm with ZenAuto, and today I've noticed my Model 3 is no longer showing in my account (had the car since December), and my 13,000 supercharger miles (I have literally recommended 16 people) are no where to be seen.

My account balance was showing around 11,000 miles a couple of weeks ago when I last checked, and two of my referrals had their cars delivered last week, so my miles went up to 13,000 miles. But checking now, it's empty.

My 'referrals' still show their first names, delivery dates etc, but there are no miles.

By the way, I too got that email from Tesla about updating my payment details (which I've done).

I've also emailed ZenAuto and delivery@. Any other email addresses I should try?

I understand the car not showing in the account might be because it's not my car, I get that. But the referrals/miles and URL are my own, they shouldn't belong to the lease company of all people.

I am with Lease Plan as well. My Car has gone from the Tesla website, My App still work, My super charger history is still there. I also got the email about payment details (which i updated).

Surely changes like this should involve some kind of notification to the customers, so we dont all end up worrying about it

I'm with ZenAuto, and today I've noticed my Model 3 is no longer showing in my account (had the car since December), and my 13,000 supercharger miles (I have literally recommended 16 people) are no where to be seen.

My account balance was showing around 11,000 miles a couple of weeks ago when I last checked, and two of my referrals had their cars delivered last week, so my miles went up to 13,000 miles. But checking now, it's empty.

My 'referrals' still show their first names, delivery dates etc, but there are no miles.

By the way, I too got that email from Tesla about updating my payment details (which I've done).

I've also emailed ZenAuto and delivery@. Any other email addresses I should try?

I understand the car not showing in the account might be because it's not my car, I get that. But the referrals/miles and URL are my own, they shouldn't belong to the lease company of all people.
To be honest if 16 people have bought a car off the back of your recommendation I would think you would be entitled to lifetime supercharging! :)

Reactions: ACarneiro
To be honest if 16 people have bought a car off the back of your recommendation I would think you would be entitled to lifetime supercharging! :)
It would be nice, but right now I'd be happy getting the miles back that I've earned. It makes zero sense to me.

I've had no replies from any emails. If/when I do I will update here, I don't post on forums usually, but this is an issue I wanted to highlight.

Got an e-mail from Tesla on 12th June asking me to "Review my payment method" for Supercharging. Had a look on my account and my car has disappeared! It's leased and wonder if this is related to the thread about lost referral miles...

Anyone leasing had their miles taken?

I have a feeling anyone with a leased car or perhaps just leased via Leaseplan has had their car moved out of your personal Tesla account to a Leaseplan owned Tesla account.

Does this mean when I go to Supercharge the car is no longer linked to my account and thus I can't Supercharge? Gonna have to go try at the weekend. If the car isn't linked to my profile then I can't see how they are going to charge me for using a Supercharger.

Could folks with leased cars and especially via Leaseplan check if their car is still showing on their Tesla account?

App is working fine and car still shows up but I am worried about Supercharging.

I had an email conversation with Tesla yesterday (through ARVAL) who confirmed that Tesla were standardizing the view on ALL leased vehicles on the Tesla.com website.
Irrespective of who you lease through, when you log into the website and go to the 'my Tesla' bit, all you will be able to see is your contact details, payment details and supercharging invoices (if applicable) and if you are lucky, your free supercharger miles will still show.

This is why they have been sending out emails (to lease drivers) requesting that the payment information on your account is correct.

They didn't however elaborate a time scale when these changes would take place.

I have never been able to see a picture of my car or it's vin number in the 6 months I have owned my M3P.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeeves and mrkwats
It makes sense in some ways...

For starters, the car belongs to the lease company until such time as it’s paid off (if that’s even possible), it doesn’t make sense that the registered keeper can make changes to the spec of the car when it’s value proposition has already been calculated by the lease company and forms part of the contract.

On the other hand - adding upgrades would increase the GFV you’d think, or at least not do any harm to it. Maybe this is too simplistic a way of looking at it though.

Lease companies make money on the upgrades! and i bet they moaned to Tesla about it when it was available not long ago.

FSD is £5,800 from Tesla, Lease company (Zen.Auto) wants £178/m over 36 months for this! £6,408 on a lease car for FSD!!! . Same with all other options
I am not disagreeing with what you say, my point is 'would' they allow you to upgrade ?

Reactions: davidmc
I am not disagreeing with what you say, my point is 'would' they allow you to upgrade ?

It is actually a very interesting 'gray area'. As no other car maker is working like Tesla i think.

For example on my previous car i was able to add a tow hitch and tinted windows in a later stadium of the lease contract. But also a official chip tuning (as long as it was from the car supplier) was possible during the contract. But all when via the lease company and is all considered as 'hardware'.

Now Tesla. They are both hardware and software supplier ;) For example, the software update of the car in the beginning of the year was 'free' and was also giving all the Tesla's a 5% improved performance. And every two weeks or so a new software update is availible that is changing some of the functions of the car. Both Tesla and Lease company apparently are fine with it. But when you want to buy the acceleration boost, then suddenly it's not allowed. Whats the difference i would say?

I would assume every lease company is different in terms of what they would be happy to accept on the cars they get back at the end of the lease. Some might be happy with tints so long as they are professionally installed, others might deem it unacceptable.

Easier for Tesla to simply ensure that it's the lease companies themselves - the owners of the cars - to decide on what OEM upgrades they allow (or not).