Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My list of accessories purchased without a car in hand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Gen 3 wall charger
2. 7 seater floor mat, 3rd-row back seat protector, and trunk mat
3. J1772 Charge Adapter Charging Lock safety protection
4. Door Trim Dashboard Panel Cover (I do not like wood trim color when the interior is black)
5. Center control tray
6. Air vent
7 Wind noise-canceling kit
8. Front and Back Trunk Mat
9. Screen glass protector and cover

Reactions: teca01
Windshield wiper fluid. The car is delivered empty.

On that topic, if you road trip occasionally and will be stopping for supercharging it's nice to have glass cleaner soap and tools in frunk. Gives you something to do while you wait for the car to charge. I also have a nerf football in there ;)

I got the bins that go under the front seats - they're sold individually. I put dog snacks in one and people snacks in the other :D

please don't laugh ;)
- g3 wall connector (installed late jan)
- homelink
- winter mats (expected the car in winter mess)
- fob
- gemini wheel cap kit
- winter trunk trays
- rear sunshade
- name 14-50 and 6-50 mobile adapters
- wheel locks
- console trays
- trunk storage bins
- summer mats (its not winter anymore)
- roof sunshade
...there's some other stuff in the basement but this came from the tesla shop

1. Gen 3 wall charger
4. Door Trim Dashboard Panel Cover (I do not like wood trim color when the interior is black)
5. Center control tray
6. Air vent
Oh come on! You gotta get it up to at least 15-20! 😜

Reactions: Chaucerino
1. Gen 3 wall charger
5. Center control tray
6. Air vent
One thing you might consider adding is a pack of baby wipes to clean up your seats. Most brands are fine, since they are designed to be used on a baby, but you just want to be sure they're pH balanced. In addition to regular maintenance cleanings and any accidents that may occur, I find myself wiping down the seats often because the interior, at least the black interior, is unforgiving of any oils or residue on your skin. If you have women in your car with creams and whatnot on their hands and legs, it'll leave a mark every time.

On the topic of your floormats, something important to me was for the mat to completely cover the dead pedal. Regardless of the material or design of the mat you choose, some only partially cover the dead pedal and others don't cover it at all, leaving the carpet underneath exposed.

One thing you might consider adding is a pack of baby wipes to clean up your seats. Most brands are fine, since they are designed to be used on a baby, but you just want to be sure they're pH balanced. In addition to regular maintenance cleanings and any accidents that may occur, I find myself wiping down the seats often because the interior, at least the black interior, is unforgiving of any oils or residue on your skin. If you have women in your car with creams and whatnot on their hands and legs, it'll leave a mark every time.

On the topic of your floormats, something important to me was for the mat to completely cover the dead pedal. Regardless of the material or design of the mat you choose, some only partially cover the dead pedal and others don't cover it at all, leaving the carpet underneath exposed.
Good point on mats covering the dead pedal. I went with the LDCRS mats and they fully cover it, as do the similar "3D" mats.

Mats.jpg

Reactions: 101dals
Rear door PPF and mud guards. The front tires will kick up debris and chip the back door area where the body protrudes.
Good point, but before you buy them, check with your SA to see if your region includes them already installed. I bought the Tesla flaps but then learned the my Idaho SC installs them and PPF prior to delivery. I was told the Northern and Winter regions get them. I'll hold on to the extra flaps for when the current set breaks off in the snow next winter.

1. Gen 3 wall charger
5. Center control tray
6. Air vent

Which floor mats did you go with for your 7 seater?

On that topic, if you road trip occasionally and will be stopping for supercharging it's nice to have glass cleaner soap and tools in frunk. Gives you something to do while you wait for the car to charge. I also have a nerf football in there ;)

I got the bins that go under the front seats - they're sold individually. I put dog snacks in one and people snacks in the other :D
Good to know re the windshield wiper fluid. I definitely don’t have that at home.

Reactions: Prairie

Good to know. I'm surprised that they don't fill the wiper fluid during preparation at the delivery center.

Good to know re the windshield wiper fluid. I definitely don’t have that at home.
Good to know. I'm surprised that they don't fill the wiper fluid during preparation at the delivery center.
I suppose it's still good to have to refill, but when I took delivery of my MYP in March, it was full. I've personally never heard of it being empty at the time of delivery.