Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My long nightmare of sharing my Tesla is over!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OBX John

Autonomous Driving Enthusiast
Picked up our 100D today:

full

We both love it!

The differences with the 75 are interesting - you can tell the difference between rear and four wheel drive right away. Not sure I actually like the D "feel" better as it seems to have a bit of torque steer, but I do like the extra acceleration. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

I'm looking forward to the drive home tomorrow to see what else is different from the 75.

Congrats! Please do continue to share. As a RWD guy I'm curious what you think of the differences in handling.

I'm getting used to the handling of the 100D - or maybe there's a break in period? Hard to say. But overall, very pleased with the feel of the car, seems like it's loosened up just a bit in the 300 miles since delivery.

At first it felt like the on / off of the throttle wasn't as quick as the RWD 75, but it seems the same now. I was wondering if the dual motors had a bit more rotational momentum, but doesn't feel like it any longer.

There's not that much difference at higher speeds, but from a standstill to under 40, when you punch the throttle, it gets up and goes much faster compared with the 75.

I think I still like the "feel" of RWD better, but it's not a big difference.

As a RWD driver for all of my other cars, my P85D feels like a slot car, accelerates quickly to exactly where I want to go and regenerative braking keeps me there. It's never slipped on me, hugs the turns, but I tend to wait for the straightaways before flooring it.

Yes, slot car is a good comparison - where you get a bit of control over the rear using throttle with RWD cars, the AWD just goes where you point it.