TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

My long nightmare of sharing my Tesla is over!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by OBX John, Jun 21, 2017.

1. OBX John

OBX John Autonomous Driving Enthusiast

Picked up our 100D today:

[​IMG]

We both love it!

The differences with the 75 are interesting - you can tell the difference between rear and four wheel drive right away. Not sure I actually like the D "feel" better as it seems to have a bit of torque steer, but I do like the extra acceleration. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

I'm looking forward to the drive home tomorrow to see what else is different from the 75.

• Like x 9
    • Love x 2
  2. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

Congrats! Please do continue to share. As a RWD guy I'm curious what you think of the differences in handling.

• Like x 1
  3. Terras

Terras Member

As a RWD driver for all of my other cars, my P85D feels like a slot car, accelerates quickly to exactly where I want to go and regenerative braking keeps me there. It's never slipped on me, hugs the turns, but I tend to wait for the straightaways before flooring it.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. OBX John

I'm getting used to the handling of the 100D - or maybe there's a break in period? Hard to say. But overall, very pleased with the feel of the car, seems like it's loosened up just a bit in the 300 miles since delivery.

At first it felt like the on / off of the throttle wasn't as quick as the RWD 75, but it seems the same now. I was wondering if the dual motors had a bit more rotational momentum, but doesn't feel like it any longer.

There's not that much difference at higher speeds, but from a standstill to under 40, when you punch the throttle, it gets up and goes much faster compared with the 75.

I think I still like the "feel" of RWD better, but it's not a big difference.

5. OBX John

Yes, slot car is a good comparison - where you get a bit of control over the rear using throttle with RWD cars, the AWD just goes where you point it.