Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR 19" OEM Continental Tires Starting Tread Depth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have 5500 miles on my MY LR and the tread depth is already 7/32" on the fronts and 6/32" on the rears. Most tires have between 10/32" and 12/32" starting tread depth, but I haven't been able to find the factory starting tread depth for the OEM MY LR 19" Continental PRO CONTACT RX tires.

Does anyone here know what the starting tread depth is for the stock MY LR 19" Continental PRO CONTACT RX tires is?

Reactions: WyoDude
I currently have 5500 miles on my MY LR and the tread depth is already 7/32" on the fronts and 6/32" on the rears. Most tires have between 10/32" and 12/32" starting tread depth, but I haven't been able to find the factory starting tread depth for the OEM MY LR 19" Continental PRO CONTACT RX tires.

Does anyone here know what the starting tread depth is for the stock MY LR 19" Continental PRO CONTACT RX tires is?
Mine are about the same at 7k

12k and down to 4/32 on all four corners. Rotated once and wearing evenly so that's a good sign.

I've been relatively hard on these tires (boosting, lots of fun drives up and down twisty mountain roads) and I'm going to replace them with something else.

Reactions: WyoDude
12k and down to 4/32 on all four corners. Rotated once and wearing evenly so that's a good sign.

I've been relatively hard on these tires (boosting, lots of fun drives up and down twisty mountain roads) and I'm going to replace them with something else.
Let us know what you chose, why, and how you like them please.

69KWH: The TireRack "8.5" rating for comfort concerns me. I'm hoping anything I buy to replace the ContiProContacts will be a little more forgiving.

I have a pair of Bridgestone QuietTracks on our 2014 Avalon Hybrid Limited (215/55 X 17) and they're marginally more comfortable than the Michelin Premier tires that they replaced.

Funny story, the tread depth tool I've been using has three different types of readings (x/32", mm and something else) and I've been reading the tool wrong this whole time 😁

Current (accurate) tread depth readings @ 12,000 miles:

Front: 7/32"
Rear: 7/32"

I have a tire rotation scheduled later this week so I can keep these alive as long as possible!