Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR ordered in July 2021, estimated delivery date is now June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the bright side it looks like the great white whale of an Austin produced MY is finally on the horizon. If I had a choice between taking delivery tomorrow of a Freemont vehicle or waiting til June for an Austin one I'd would choose to wait. Now we don't know for a fact your June vehicle will come from Austin or even what it really means to have a 4680 Battery pack; but I'd wanna know exactly what I'm getting before I drop 60K+. Musk said at the earnings call that Austin with start producing customer vehicles by the end of this quarter so presumably we'll know a lot more by june.

Reactions: spacedroid
On the bright side it looks like the great white whale of an Austin produced MY is finally on the horizon. If I had a choice between taking delivery tomorrow of a Freemont vehicle or waiting til June for an Austin one I'd would choose to wait. Now we don't know for a fact your June vehicle will come from Austin or even what it really means to have a 4680 Battery pack; but I'd wanna know exactly what I'm getting before I drop 60K+. Musk said at the earnings call that Austin with start producing customer vehicles by the end of this quarter so presumably we'll know a lot more by june.
Getting a 4680 car would be great. However, I'm in CA so chances are I'll still get a Fremont vehicle.

It probably means your delivery is imminent? It seems there is a glitch in the system, where when you car is getting ready for production, the EDD switches to the current EDD if you just placed your order today... Then it will switch to the correct timeframe within a week or two... For me, when I ordered mine last year, it switched to SEP/2021 in early june for a week or two, before changing to June/2021. Actual delivery day was end of june.

Good on Tesla for this if it is June. Those who ordered a long time ago and had a chance to take delivery, but declined hoping for the BBB Bill should be bumped down the line. That way those of us who ordered after you don't need to wait even longer.
To be fair, OP is going to pay last years price for a MYLR with Ryzen, Li battery, heated lower windshield, and potentially 4680 batteries. What they will miss out on is having the car for 6 months.

No hate on OP, just playing the system, but Tesla, IMHO, is WAY too lenient on this stuff. I can understand delaying a week or 2 due to circumstances, but if you have to delay more than a month, you should have your order canceled. Maybe thats harsh, I dunno, I bought existing inventory because when I want a car, I want a car. Its not common for manufacturers to let you put a car on "layaway" for a year.

I ordered in July 2021 and the EDD has moved around a lot, currently sitting at June 9th - July th. MY LR, Blue w/White interior and Tow. No FSD.
Interesting. I also ordered in July, Blue/White but no tow....and EDD is now 4/12-5/10. Maybe something to do with the Blue/white combination? I have made no changes to the config and never got a vin, and no delaying here. Just straight up waiting. Hopefully our reward will be the battery upgrade and the 4680. I don't anticipate any government incentives the way BBB is going.

Interesting. I also ordered in July, Blue/White but no tow....and EDD is now 4/12-5/10. Maybe something to do with the Blue/white combination? I have made no changes to the config and never got a vin, and no delaying here. Just straight up waiting. Hopefully our reward will be the battery upgrade and the 4680. I don't anticipate any government incentives the way BBB is going.
Looks like I spoke too soon. Update from Tesla this morning pushes it back to 5/2-5/30. At this rate, I will be getting the follow-on to the 4680 battery....

Looks like I spoke too soon. Update from Tesla this morning pushes it back to 5/2-5/30. At this rate, I will be getting the follow-on to the 4680 battery....

I don’t think you are the only one. I’ve seen another blue/white order moved back another month to late May. Also ordered in July too. I suspect you will be getting an Austin build.

To be fair, OP is going to pay last years price for a MYLR with Ryzen, Li battery, heated lower windshield, and potentially 4680 batteries. What they will miss out on is having the car for 6 months.

No hate on OP, just playing the system, but Tesla, IMHO, is WAY too lenient on this stuff. I can understand delaying a week or 2 due to circumstances, but if you have to delay more than a month, you should have your order canceled. Maybe thats harsh, I dunno, I bought existing inventory because when I want a car, I want a car. Its not common for manufacturers to let you put a car on "layaway" for a year.
As long as Tesla can sell out production, they don't suffer from people delaying delivery.

No, I have not been offered a car at all. I have called Tesla a couple times but they were no help and say I just need to wait. I bought a Mach E in the mean time so not in a hurry. Hope they fix the phantom braking issue before I get my car!!!!
Hi I am on same boat.. order places in July earlier it was Mar-Apr 222 not June- July22.

Good to see others like me.. California resident, ordered early July 2021, MY LR while, black interior, upgraded wheels, EDD kept jumping back and forth, now settled on late May ~ late June 2022.. there were no pushing back or asking for hold.. I was never offered a delivery so far.

Does this mean we are all waiting for the production ramp of Austin factory? I was reading here and there that CA will always get Fremont.

Good to see others like me.. California resident, ordered early July 2021, MY LR while, black interior, upgraded wheels, EDD kept jumping back and forth, now settled on late May ~ late June 2022.. there were no pushing back or asking for hold.. I was never offered a delivery so far.

Does this mean we are all waiting for the production ramp of Austin factory? I was reading here and there that CA will always get Fremont.
I'm also in CA and took order off hold in July 2021. For some reason they placed it on hold sometime in November without telling me. I noticed it in December and took it off hold. I wasn't sure if that is why my EDD was in May (now moved to June-July). It sounds like a lot of July 2021 orders are getting pushed; however, I'm also reading about Aug and Sep orders in CA that are getting delivered now. The frustrating part is that if I ordered now, according to the site, the EDD would be Aug - only 1-2 months later than what my EDD is now.