Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR pickup today 210xxx The good and the bad...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Figured I'd post my MY pickup experience today in Westmont, IL so far... sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread category - Newbie... 😉

The good...
So far so good after reading some of the stories from last year deliveries. Did everything online and on the Tesla phone app.
Easy check in and pickup process, paperwork inside to sign. Been here for about an hour playing and inspecting a few things and doing the basic setup.

The bad...
Nothing major like a mismatched door color or dents. 😊
- Speakers not working. They had to take it to the back of the shop since none of the rear speakers worked, only the very front two. 🙄🥺😫 While playing with everything, I turned on the radio and it was very flat. So I turn up the bass, midst, etc. and it still sounds weird and no bass. So I moved the balance to the sides and rear and found the problem. They said they've never seen that issue and there's less and less issues coming in from the factory per the sales team.. Hopefully it's just a plug that's unplugged. Hopefully...

Other things...
- rear pass. reading light inoperable
- driver side front bumper has a small dot or paint miscolor
- charging port scratches, 2-3 lines/marks, pretty obvious
- rear hatch - not sure if its the hatch or the lights that are misaligned. On one side the hatch seems a bit off and on the other side the hatch is perfectly aligned but the light is a bit off. They'll take a look at it but at first look they said it looks within "Tesla spec". Maybe I'm just being "extra" but I'll have someone else look at it later on.

Few places they didn't take off the plastic wrap it came with but no biggie.

For anyone wondering, no mudflaps but has PPF on the rear side panels where it flares out. Sticks out like a sore thumb though - looks like maybe it was dealer installed ad there's still bubbles. And doesn't go all the way to the ends... like I said, sticks out and very noticeable, especially on white.
Also, no pass. seat lumber as they announced. Guessing no radar as well but haven't drive it yet.

Will inspect it more once/if I get it home today and update...

My delivery date is slipping by one day over the last few days - from June 24-30, to June 25-30, to June 26-30, yesterday to June 27-30, and this morning June 28-30. Should I be worried?
Probably not. Delivery dates have been all over the map for everyone on this forum, myself included. I take the delivery date with a large grain of salt.

Hello all,

Figured I'd post my MY pickup experience today in Westmont, IL so far... sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread category - Newbie... 😉

The good...
So far so good after reading some of the stories from last year deliveries. Did everything online and on the Tesla phone app.
Easy check in and pickup process, paperwork inside to sign. Been here for about an hour playing and inspecting a few things and doing the basic setup.

The bad...
Nothing major like a mismatched door color or dents. 😊
- Speakers not working. They had to take it to the back of the shop since none of the rear speakers worked, only the very front two. 🙄🥺😫 While playing with everything, I turned on the radio and it was very flat. So I turn up the bass, midst, etc. and it still sounds weird and no bass. So I moved the balance to the sides and rear and found the problem. They said they've never seen that issue and there's less and less issues coming in from the factory per the sales team.. Hopefully it's just a plug that's unplugged. Hopefully...

Other things...
- rear pass. reading light inoperable
- driver side front bumper has a small dot or paint miscolor
- charging port scratches, 2-3 lines/marks, pretty obvious
- rear hatch - not sure if its the hatch or the lights that are misaligned. On one side the hatch seems a bit off and on the other side the hatch is perfectly aligned but the light is a bit off. They'll take a look at it but at first look they said it looks within "Tesla spec". Maybe I'm just being "extra" but I'll have someone else look at it later on.

Few places they didn't take off the plastic wrap it came with but no biggie.

For anyone wondering, no mudflaps but has PPF on the rear side panels where it flares out. Sticks out like a sore thumb though - looks like maybe it was dealer installed ad there's still bubbles. And doesn't go all the way to the ends... like I said, sticks out and very noticeable, especially on white.
Also, no pass. seat lumber as they announced. Guessing no radar as well but haven't drive it yet.

Will inspect it more once/if I get it home today and update...
I'm working with a SA from the highland park SC here in the chicago area. What was your order date, how long did you wait from vin to delivery? Congrats on picking up, those issues sound annoying but glad they were able to rectify most of them on the spot!

I'm working with a SA from the highland park SC here in the chicago area. What was your order date, how long did you wait from vin to delivery? Congrats on picking up, those issues sound annoying but glad they were able to rectify most of them on the spot!
Ordered May 15th, first delivery was first week of June but was on vacation so missed that one and got a new VIN for the week of June 22nd to 28th. Took delivery yesterday on the 22nd.

Reactions: ajs847
It wouldn't be a Tesla without some trivial defects and lack of quality control 😜
Someday when Tesla finally firm up its quality control, they need add some faults just to keep making us all feel right at home.
Have to say, out 2021 MYLR is head and shoulders better build (panel gaps etc.) than the early 2020. So making progress.
Trivial defects. Sure. Like the hood that wouldn't close on my 2021 MY last week, right off the truck. Required a $4000 repair at a service center 200 miles away from me. I was told they'd fix it "as good as new". Two months of excitement gets sucked out of the room pretty fast when you're asked to fork over $73K for a "good as new" car.

Mercedes has a motto: "The best or nothing".
Tesla's motto: "Meh, good enough".

Not good enough for me.

I grabbed a white model Y P that showed up on the new inventory of Tesla late last night. Schaumburg, IL location. Vin 211xxx - Any reason I should be worried about a vehicle that showed up like this? Are they typically due to just customers not fulfilling their orders, or more like rejects by a customer?

I grabbed a white model Y P that showed up on the new inventory of Tesla late last night. Schaumburg, IL location. Vin 211xxx - Any reason I should be worried about a vehicle that showed up like this? Are they typically due to just customers not fulfilling their orders, or more like rejects by a customer?
211 is pretty new, I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, MYP was showing as 1 week delivery so not surprised... maybe someone went on vacation like I did and missed their delivery date and you got it.