Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 9 Feb 2022. MYLR MSM with White interior, tow hitch, EAP.
Original EDD was August
EDD NOV 5 - Dec 3
EDD Nov 18 - Dec 2
EDD Dec 5 - Dec 31
EDD Nov 27 - Dec 7
VIN Assigned - 16 Nov 22 -- PF605

Vin Assigned today -- noticed via the app, then verified on the website. Still haven't received an email about it yet.
Congrats! Looks like 2023 Fremont. Excited to learn the specs (uss, tires, ect) - good to see a white interior getting some love as well.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
OD 9 Feb 2022. MYLR MSM with White interior, tow hitch, EAP.
Original EDD was August
EDD NOV 5 - Dec 3
EDD Nov 18 - Dec 2
EDD Dec 5 - Dec 31
EDD Nov 27 - Dec 7
VIN Assigned - 16 Nov 22 -- PF605

Vin Assigned today -- noticed via the app, then verified on the website. Still haven't received an email about it yet.
I never received an email, just an app notification. SA told me last night that it is in transit from Austin to San Diego with ‘a couple more legs on its journey so it should be here by next weekend.’ I’m not exactly sure what that means as it is a pretty straight shot from TX to SoCal and I can’t imagine they have so few deliveries here that that they would have to fill the truck with cars destined for intermediate stops. Maybe it’s going by train to Chicago and then LA or something.

Reactions: ord3r
Wondering if it's time to walk away from the white seats now that we are seeing confirmed delays. So many things in limbo - 22, 23, USS, no USS, Cargo Covers, Matrix Headlights. So much uncertainty as a "luck of the draw" for what you may or may not get for us March/April/May orders...Wondering if I should just dump the white and get black to speed up delivery and take a chance. Anyone else feeling dangerous and make a change this close to delivery?

Wondering if it's time to walk away from the white seats now that we are seeing confirmed delays. So many things in limbo - 22, 23, USS, no USS, Cargo Covers, Matrix Headlights. So much uncertainty as a "luck of the draw" for what you may or may not get for us March/April/May orders...Wondering if I should just dump the white and get black to speed up delivery and take a chance. Anyone else feeling dangerous and make a change this close to delivery?

I'm feeling a bit quesy either way, but I haven't changed the config. Hoping for a 2023 VIN at the moment. Who knows, since it appears there were parking lots of uncompleted 2022's sitting somewhere for a month or two that they are now just releasing that have been waiting for that last component. I don't care about USS, since even if it has that, it will be decommissioned sooner or later, replaced with vision only. Yet, I am getting anxious and excited that it is ever closer.

I held out for the white seats because I knew I'd always regret not getting them. Mind you, I wasn't entirely sure that I'd like the white seats. Maybe I'd hate them. But... if I went with black, I'd be haunted by the possibility that I would have liked the white seats better. So I took a risk and held out for the white seats so I'd never have to ask myself, "what if..." fortunately I love the white seats and would never trade them for black. But that's why I decided to hold out. FWIW.

Reactions: Ymond
I held out for the white seats because I knew I'd always regret not getting them. Mind you, I wasn't entirely sure that I'd like the white seats. Maybe I'd hate them. But... if I went with black, I'd be haunted by the possibility that I would have liked the white seats better. So I took a risk and held out for the white seats so I'd never have to ask myself, "what if..." fortunately I love the white seats and would never trade them for black. But that's why I decided to hold out. FWIW.
this is the content i needed. back on the white seat train.

My biggest hang up is the dash. We have some BRIGHT winter months and that white lightning dash might as well collect every atom from the sun and blast it straight into your eyeballs.

Maybe the solution for me is to stick with white and hope someone trades me interiors. The wood with the white looks absolutely SICK.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
Yeah the main reason I didn't want white is that dash looks BRIGHT. I suppose can always replace with the wood one? Or put a wrap on it or something.
It isn't bright.

It's BLINDED BY THE LIGHT BRIGHT! I've been a huge fan of the white, former boss has a Y with all white interior. I remember getting in the first time. Love the feel, the look, then we started driving and I couldn't believe the glare that comes off that dash. You can swap them (if you can find someone near you) - or you can do the RMP site swap ($300).

We've got options.

• Funny
Reactions: ord3r

There are many white seat covers out there that you could use that can turn a black seat into white seats.

It was a reviewer on the U tubes that was mentioning that the white dash, in many angles of sunlight, not only was very very bright, but the reflection of the white dash onto the inside of his driver's window was quite disturbing, that convinved me to stick with black interior. That said, I'm not crazy about the 60's woodgrain treatment either. And that woodgrain is now on the inside of the front doors. It won't take a lot of convincing for me to cover the wood with black or dark gray.

IMO , if U could sell your current car to someone other than trade-in with Tesla then most likely you get more money

Trade-in of my 2015 Lexus CT 200h with 41K miles on it, excellent condition. Tesla offers $19.6K yesterday
Local Toyota dealer offers $20.8K 2 wks ago
Carshop offers $22K max (they buy/sell high end cars?). I will see them today to confirm their offer
Check your tax benefit vs trading in before selling it for more money. I'm in PA too and learned this the hard way when I sold my car to a buddy rather than trading it in. The tax you'll pay on the car is calculated AFTER the trade in is deducted. In PA at 6% tax, that smaller amount of net price of the car may wash out the extra that Carshop is going to give you. Doing the math I think you'll be up, but just be 100% sure before you sell it.

Ordered date Feb 28 2022
Pick up date Nov 22 2022. It's a MYLR 2023 model from Fremont CA
Folded Cargo cover included
No mud flaps included
Comes with The Continental ProContact RX
told it comes with 12v CALT Li-Ion battery
Not sure if it comes with Matrix Headlights (who can I tell?)

I remember some members here were able to get a spec sheet of a vehicle. HOW?

Thanks

Reactions: Senpai