Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Black/Black Gemini wheels all standard

Ordered in May, made some updates in June. Original EDD was Dec-Mar.

Two weeks ago I got a text message to prepare for prepare for delivery by providing payment method details and the EDD changed to Oct 10-24 (2 week window). So I scrambled to get my financing in order and my wall charger installed. When Oct 10th hit, my EDD got pushed to Oct 17-31. Yesterday it got pushed even further! :( Now it's Oct 31-Nov 28. I know the answer is "this is normal." However, I have read experiences that when this has happened, all of a sudden a VIN is issued and delivery is scheduled. Is it likely that this will happen for me too?
I tell myself not to get worked up when the EDD is updated, but here we are. It updated again and is back to a two week window. Oct 28-Nov 11. :)

I’m taking delivery this Sunday. VIN came about two weeks ago.
Curious to know if you received a text or an alert when you received your VIN. Or any other alerts prior to receiving your VIN to give you a heads-up that it was going to be assigned soon. I've read in other threads that there are text alerts that go out when the vehicle has finished being built and is being shipped.

Curious to know if you received a text or an alert when you received your VIN. Or any other alerts prior to receiving your VIN to give you a heads-up that it was going to be assigned soon. I've read in other threads that there are text alerts that go out when the vehicle has finished being built and is being shipped.
We got the VIN and text to schedule pickup just about the same time. That may or may not be normal.

It was originally mid-December to January, then for the past week it's been Oct. 22 through Nov. 4. Got the schedule delivery text yesterday, picking up tomorrow. We ordered in mid-May.
AWESOME! Congratulations! Sounds very similar to the situation I'm in. My EDD changed today to Oct 28 - Nov 11 so if all remains similar, I hope to get the VIN and text closer to Oct 28th. *fingers crossed*

Just texts. No calls or emails whatsoever. They’d inform you that you’ve been assigned a VIN, when your Tesla has left the factory and en route to your delivery center.

Reactions: cya2marra
Today is the day! I go pickup my Model Y in 3 Hours.

Order date: 01/07/2022
Model Y Long range, White paint, five seat, black interior, Gemini wheels, FSD

The First two-week window was August 1st and then they kept pushing back the two-week window every time I would get within a day of the two-week window start. The last window I got was a 9 day delivery window before they assigned the VIN

Seems to really vary so I think it depends on your delivery centre and is not an automated general Tesla procedure..
In my case, I got an email telling me final payment was due before delivery. Shortly followed by an email with my coupon for mobile connector. Neither of those actually said I had a VIN.
I found the VIN in an MVPA document that showed up in my account. A VIN didn't show on my account page, in the source code or on the app.
I initiated some texts to the SA.
Finally, yesterday (a week after the first email) I got a text from SA saying car is coming and he offered me a delivery time. Once I accepted a time I got an email explaining delivery and finally the VIN showed on my app and online account.
Never got texts saying I got a VIN or car left factory or anything like that.

Bottom line: YMMV :)

Reactions: obasonip
MYLR ordered on 12/8/2021 with 19" wheels, white interior, and a trailer hitch.

Original estimated delivery window was July/August. This was bumped back a couple of times.

In September I added FSD as I could still add the option for $10K (price had increased to $15k since my original order date). I was on the fence w/regards to FSD and I thought it might expedite delivery.

I've received communications the past couple of weeks and a VIN was assigned. I'm located on the east coast (Virginia) and my VIN indicates a Fremont build.

My original delivery date was scheduled for Saturday,10/15. I purchased Tesla insurance, which is underwritten by Tesla here in Virginia. I found that coverage and rates were better than adding the vehicle to my Geico policy (I may move all of my vehicles to Tesla insurance).

Earlier in the week I was told that the car was delayed in transit and my pickup date was rescheduled to Sunday 10/16. On 10/15 I was notified again that there was a transit delay. I asked where the car was actually located and the service rep shared with me that cars are shipped by rail from the west coast to New York (it was in NY at that time), where it would eventually be transported by truck.

I tentatively rescheduled for 10/22 as weekdays are tough. Hopefully our car will be available this week.

We took delivery on 10/22. Our appointment was for 2pm, but we were told we could come by early. I texted a Tesla rep to ask about an early arrival... apparently they were a "virtual rep" located somewhere other than our Richmond Virginia showroom.

We arrived early and they quickly printed our DMV documents. We were allowed whatever time we needed to inspect the interior and exterior of the vehicle. It was interesting because since we arrived prior to our appointment, I could not accept the vehicle via the App and they had to force acceptance through the system in the showroom.

Our MYLR has a F5622 VIN and it still has the USS, Matrix headlights, and the white trim on the front doors (we have a white interior) is not the newest (Tesla reduced the white). The rear doors have the black interior panels. There was no trunk cover... otherwise we got everything I had hoped to get when I ordered the vehicle. My wife really needs those USS for parking and I'm so glad that we got them. We were able to compare panel gaps to other Tesla's on the lot and I had no issues with our car.

We had a good experience and we spent the weekend learning to operate the car (this is our first Tesla).

It's not MY specific, but I'll add my Tesla insurance experience thus far. I was in a terrible motorcycle accident some years ago, after which I carry more insurance than most people. Tesla underwrites their own insurance here in Virginia, so I bought a Tesla insurance policy for our MYLR that covers up to a million dollars per accident with a $500 deductible. Our monthly rate for me and my wife is $159. The Tesla app shows that if our Safety score remains at 99, our monthly premium will drop to $103 a month. This is significantly less than the quote I received from Geico. My wife and I have clean records, good credit, no claims outside of a hail storm.