Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR waiting room.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 9 Feb 2022. MYLR MSM with White interior, tow hitch, EAP.
Original EDD was August
EDD NOV 5 - Dec 3
EDD Nov 18 - Dec 2
EDD Dec 5 - Dec 31
EDD Nov 27 - Dec 7
VIN Assigned - 16 Nov 22 -- PF605
22 Nov - Email arrived with coupon code for my charger -- Charger order placed (Curious how long for it to arrive)
22 Nov - Email finally arrived for scheduling my pickup time from the Service Center
Pickup date 1 Dec 2022 -- Fingers crossed that all goes well. -- I see the light!!!!

Ordered date Feb 28 2022
Pick up date Nov 22 2022. It's a MYLR 2023 model from Fremont CA
Folded Cargo cover included
No mud flaps included
Comes with The Continental ProContact RX
told it comes with 12v CALT Li-Ion battery
Not sure if it comes with Matrix Headlights (who can I tell?)

I remember some members here were able to get a spec sheet of a vehicle. HOW?

Thanks

I'd also like to know how to get a spec sheet. SA's have an app called Garage where they can see everything from a VIN. Without bothering an SA, how do customers get this info?

The battery is a 15.5v Li-Ion. No 12v since a year ago.

Update...

Order date: 9/18 - white/black interior/tow hitch
original EDD: 12/22 - 4/23
as of this morning: 12/18 - 12/31
Got a text saying my VIN was assigned. Very quickly after got a text that I needed to schedule pickup. Only 1 date available for pickup (11/28).
2023 Austin build

Things moved quickly, as others have said it could!

I went to the State Farm site to get insurance and they said they don't recognize my VIN. Hoping the agent it was forwarded to works today since it's the day before Thanksgiving and my only pickup option is Monday!

Update...

Order date: 9/18 - white/black interior/tow hitch
original EDD: 12/22 - 4/23
as of this morning: 12/18 - 12/31
Got a text saying my VIN was assigned. Very quickly after got a text that I needed to schedule pickup. Only 1 date available for pickup (11/28).
2023 Austin build

Things moved quickly, as others have said it could!

I went to the State Farm site to get insurance and they said they don't recognize my VIN. Hoping the agent it was forwarded to works today since it's the day before Thanksgiving and my only pickup option is Monday!
That is a REAL quick delivery -- Good Luck

My VIN was assigned yesterday. Freemont build (I wasn't expecting that), 2023, and the SA said, after I asked a few times, that it was built on Sunday Nov. 20th. Other than that, he was unable to tell me anything more about it. There was no USS statement to sign; at least not yet. I don't exactly know if it has that feature or not. I'm sceduled for delivery and pick up the first week of December.

Don't know for sure if it has the shelf, or new door trim, or carpet up the I-beam sides.

This might be common knowledge, but I thought I'd share my experience here in case it benefits anyone... If you are flexible on color/options, do not yet have a VIN or delivery window, and are not planning to hold your MY delivery to 2023 for the tax credit, call and speak with a representative and see what's about to become available as new inventory in your area. If you like what you hear, you can significantly speed up your delivery.

I called this morning because I saw a new, existing inventory 2023 MYLR with white interior (a must-have for me) but a different exterior color than my order (but still a color I'd be very happy with). My goal was to switch my order to this MY at a different DC farther away rather than anxiously wait on my ever-changing EDD (currently late-Jan/early-Feb 2023).

The representative was very helpful and suggested an alternative approach. He volunteered information about MY's from other cancelled/held orders that are currently en route to my preferred, much-closer DC. I selected one I liked and agreed to change my order to match it. The representative assigned the VIN on the spot. I now have an EDD in a couple weeks and couldn't be happier. Tesla app and manage order page already reflect the change. (Note changing the order like this also allowed me to avoid cancelling the order, placing a new one, and forfeiting the $250 order fee from my original order, which is what I was told I'd have to do if I wanted the specific existing-inventory MY I saw.)

Original order placed in August 2022: MYLR5, white exterior, white/black interior, 19" wheels. No other options. Original EDD Dec 2022 - April 2023, revised many times, as early as December 2022, but recently pushed back to late-Jan/early-Feb 2023.
Revised order on 11/25/2022: MYLR5, black exterior, white/black interior, 19" wheels, tow hitch. VIN assigned and EDD in 2 weeks 😊

Of course, making a change like this isn't the right decision for everyone. For me, the exterior color change (to one I also like) was a worthy tradeoff to eliminate the anxiety around the EDD moving target, to reduce the time I was spending monitoring the EDD and keeping up with EDD threads here, and to allow me to consider planning a vacation this winter/spring without trying to plan around the EDD (impossible to do as it changes so wildly).

To those of you who have gotten your VIN and are not trading in to tesla - for the MVPA, do you have tesla add in the amount you are putting down? Or do you just send your bank the MVPA how it is and then tell them how much you are putting down?

To those of you who have gotten your VIN and are not trading in to tesla - for the MVPA, do you have tesla add in the amount you are putting down? Or do you just send your bank the MVPA how it is and then tell them how much you are putting down?
Honestly I have no idea. I am assigned a vin and I even scheduled delivery on 12/9. I have gotten approved for loan with US Bank through Tesla.

Update the third party financing total in the app. The app will then allow you to pay your down payment. Send you MVPA to your bank and tell them you’ve put a down payment in already. Tesla didn’t send me an updated MVPA to reflect the down payment but my credit Union was ok with that.

As others have said, you just enter your down payment amount and and it will generate an MVPA for you. My local CU then used that to do the paperwork. On delivery day I paid with two certifed checks. One from my main bank with the down payment and one from the CU with the financed amount.

As others have said, you just enter your down payment amount and and it will generate an MVPA for you. My local CU then used that to do the paperwork. On delivery day I paid with two certifed checks. One from my main bank with the down payment and one from the CU with the financed amount.
Exactly what I did. Except my down payment and financing came from the same CU. Still two checks.

Reactions: BamaRed
Took delivery today. Car was flawless. Shout out to the MY forum and everyone's contributions for helping me make this happen.

2023 MYLR, Austin Build - Car birthday 11/13/2022
Great QC, panels and fitments look excellent, no paint issues/body issues.
Updated suspension
No USS (didn't receive a disclaimer/notice about it)
Standard headlights
Cargo cover
No mud flaps
Cameras don't look updated

Took delivery today. Car was flawless. Shout out to the MY forum and everyone's contributions for helping me make this happen.

2023 MYLR, Austin Build - Car birthday 11/13/2022
Great QC, panels and fitments look excellent, no paint issues/body issues.
Updated suspension
No USS (didn't receive a disclaimer/notice about it)
Standard headlights
Cargo cover
No mud flaps
Cameras don't look updated

You should ask service to add the flaps and the rear door PPF. Should be N/C.

Reactions: sa012