Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

my luck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I decided to take the car out for a drive and enjoy the beautiful sunny California weather.

While on the freeway I was cruising a very nice leisure drive when suddenly, a dime size rock flew and cracked my windshield on my 1 month old Tesla S.

I am just devastated right now. Anybody know if service centers take care of this or a body shop? I'm just dead right now. My luck with this car is not good at all.

IMG_1806.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
Might check with your insurance company or AAA if you have membership. It's been a while but someone came out and did the windshield repair and the crack which wasn't too bad pretty much disappeared with the liquid they applied. It either was covered or not much money and didn't require the windshield to be replaced. Don't wait to deal with it or you risk the crack developing further and at some point it past the point of the easy repair.

If it's close to the size of a quarter or smaller, it can be repaired really quickly and easily and inexpensively.
Also it's pouring rain in norcal so you have that to be thankful for too... :)

Yes, really bad idea to delay a quick repair when in hot weather. I know. Had my Honda windshield crack in front of my eyes once on a hot summer day when I had got dinged by a road stone while driving on the hwy. As I recall it was a small window pit. Figured I'd take care of calling for repair when I got home. Left car to go into the office and when I went back out and stupidly put on the AC it really developed a long crack. No quick liquid fix for that. Expensive lesson.

@bktiger86 - Seriously DUDE! Just go get this fixed. I can't believe you're still posting about it. You said how sick you were about it, and everyone is here telling you to get it fixed / it's no big deal. It will be less than $100 if you do it while it's still small. It's just glass. This happens all the time to all kinds of cars from Civics to Diablos, and the same shop repairs them all for the same price.
Now hurry up before that ding becomes a long crack.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I had a similar issue with a rock. It happened just a few weeks after taking delivery. I was devastated. I got it filled and it has worked pretty well. Starting to show again. But it isn't ripping up my wipers. Fortunately, it is behind my rear view mirror when I am driving. So I don't see it when driving. I was lucky.

I am going to wait until the screen is pitted enough and then I'll find a way to get it replaced.

Ball-peen hammer anyone!

Beuller? Beuller?

I seem to have the same luck on new cars. For at least the first three years I cover it with a 0 deductive for windshield repairs/replacements through insurance. Especially considering windshields can range from $400-$2500.