Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

my M3 is playing tricks on me with my garage door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i updated with the latest 2019.5.15 2 days ago AND at the same time i linked my homelink with my garage door
i've lived in the house for 4 years and same garage door opener - nothing has changed EXCEPT the update and the homelink setup
i've had the M3 long range rear wheel drive since Jan 2018
it's an early build 17XX vin but i only decided now to connect the homelink
the problem is, is that for the last 2 days my garage door opens by itself randomly and it's driving me crazy
so far, it has opened 3 times randomly by itself, luckily during the day when i am home and not in the middle of the night
no one is doing it other than the car is my hunch
the video cameras don't show anyone in the garage or outside
so weird
i'm going to disconnect the homelink now
anyone else experience the same issue?

No such problem here. I'd disable Homelink in the car and continue monitoring this for a few days. If you have one of the older openers without "rolling codes" (which were common into the mid 1990s), it's possible that a neighbor is using the same code and opening your door with their opener. Generally, you might want to try resetting the opener and re-learning all remotes (including the car's Homelink).

No such problem here. I'd disable Homelink in the car and continue monitoring this for a few days. If you have one of the older openers without "rolling codes" (which were common into the mid 1990s), it's possible that a neighbor is using the same code and opening your door with their opener. Generally, you might want to try resetting the opener and re-learning all remotes (including the car's Homelink).
i'll try this
i think you might be right on target with this suggestion
thank you!

Is anyone still having this issue? It started with mine (Model X) on update before last and has gotten worse with current. At first, just had to delete and re-add. Now, does not open or close automatically despite multiple re-entries and a reboot of the car. Thanks in advance

Also for OCR1, have tried in several instances in last two years to get through to them but never succeeded. As far as I can tell, whoever mans the chat line retired. What phone # and/or menu sequence did you use, T