Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My M3 just updated to Version 46.2 from 42.4. Should I be Concerned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings -

I've been reading many posts about issues with Version 46 over the last few weeks, and was secretly grateful that my "old" version 42.4 was still undisturbed in my car, the original software that was delivered when I picked it up almost 2 months ago.

I live in NC, a moderate climate typically, but we do get our fair share of colder (a relative term I realize) winter weather. I charge my car in my garage, use a ClipperCreek 40AMP setup with a J1722 plug (left over from my Leaf and i3), and I'm concerned a bit about the locking charging cable issue some have reported. I'm also a bit concerned with other reported issues - mapping display problems, radio fidelity differences, etc.

I realize that any new software can have issues, but is there anything in particular I should look out for, or be aware of? Any other tips are much appreciated.

BTW, my serial number is a later production car (October) and at delivery other than some small paint issues and even smaller panel alignment issues (neither of which concerned me), I've been very pleased with the car in every way. My EAP trial is almost over (a day to go), and for my needs I likely won't upgrade, but would consider it in the future.

Thanks to everyone on this forum - your comments/suggestions/thoughts are all very helpful. The search feature is a very useful tool, but I couldn't quite find a thread that addressed my questions, hence this post.

My apologies for the above post - I realized when I was trying to search for Version 46 comments I had entered the request incorrectly and didn't realize the large number of posts addressing this update. Please ignore the thread.

Moderators - if you can delete this thread that would be appropriate. Thank you.