Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My M3 vs my MS...the revolution is underway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EEK! We just received our 3 last Thursday evening, and I was planning on taking it in tomorrow AM for tinting the windows! Where I am having it done has incredible reviews and has been around for decades and has done many different types of cars, they did tell me they have not done a Model 3 as of yet! What happened with the tinting that caused this, and maybe I should wait? Please advise!!! Thank you very much, Ellen in Raleigh, NC
Hi Ellen,

Sorry for the late response.

The tinters I use are very good and very experienced. I’ve used them for years on all our cars, including our Model S.

My Model 3 was their first experience as well. There are two issues to be concerned about when tinting the windshield, putting pressure on the screen, and liquid dripping through the dash.

Just applying a little pressure the wrong way while leaning over the dash may create phantom touches on the screen. This will make the controls to act erratically and ruin your day.

The liquid dripping between the sides of the dash happens when the residue liquid is squeegeed as the tint is applied.

If they can control those two isues from happening, then you should be fine. I am very happy I have my windshield tinted but would not do it again unless I was sure these things would not happen. I don’t even think I’ll let someone clean my windshield at this point.

Hope this helps.

By the way, the heated rear seats have been activated in the software update AFAIK! But there is no hardware in the steering wheel to activate, so that won't happen without hardware changes..
Model 3 - can't you easily adjust the "dash vent" to blow onto your cold hands?? Model 3 owners, let us know how it works/not.

side note: people buy Model S for larger size AND remember Model S undergoing constant improvements -
new Model S comparison to 4 year old Model S. Perhaps someone has already done this comparison?

Model 3 - can't you easily adjust the "dash vent" to blow onto your cold hands?? Model 3 owners, let us know how it works/not.

side note: people buy Model S for larger size AND remember Model S undergoing constant improvements -
new Model S comparison to 4 year old Model S. Perhaps someone has already done this comparison?

Yes, you can adjust the vents to blow toward your hands using the on-screen interface. You move two "circles" of air that move in mirror image to one another. In other words, if you move one up and to the right, the opposite one moves up and to the left. You can also combine the two streams into one horizontally longer oval. This gives it a single more powerful stream instead of splitting it. It has a nice range of movement, from being able to hit your head and the way down to your torso.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando