Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My M3LR is being delivered next week, few questions...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Will it come with a NEMA 14-50 adapter?
2) I ordered the Ottosteer front plate holder, what will it have from the factory in a state like mine that requires a front plate? Obviously I'd prefer them not to drill the bumper.
3) I have Tesla Shields full setup en route and will likely order a matte screen protector, what are some other must-have accessories?
4) Since I'm getting home delivery, if I find any defects what will be the process for remedying them?
5) Am I forgetting anything?

1. No, model 3s have not come with that adapter for over a year now I believe

2. That depends on the specific service center I believe. With that being said, the factory plate uses stick on tape, not drilling into bumper to attach, unless that has changed and I am unaware of it.

3. There are as many opinions on this as there are people, so I dont have a specific opinion here.

4. That depends on whether you are in a state that does not allow tesla sales or not. Document anything you find and notify tesla ASAP (within 24 hours would be best)

Reactions: atmorris8
2) I ordered the Ottosteer front plate holder, what will it have from the factory in a state like mine that requires a front plate? Obviously I'd prefer them not to drill the bumper.

Our state (Maryland) requires a front license plate. At pickup our Model 3 had a MD temporary tag on the rear. Maryland only has a rear tag for the temporary. I found the stick on front plate in the trunk. It's still there, I went with the QuickBandit front tag.

For number 2, when I received word that my VIN had been assigned, I replied to the text to ask that the front plate not be installed (I had purchased the ThatGrin bracket, which I am pleased with). When I picked up the car, as I had requested the plate and stick-on mount were in my trunk.

For number 3, you might want an air intake grill like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZS7S2SJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details to help keep out mice and other things that you don't want falling down into your ventilation system.

1) Will it come with a NEMA 14-50 adapter?
3) I have Tesla Shields full setup en route and will likely order a matte screen protector, what are some other must-have accessories?
4) Since I'm getting home delivery, if I find any defects what will be the process for remedying them?
5) Am I forgetting anything?
1. No. 5-15 is the only adapter it comes with.

2. I picked up my LR AWD June 3rd from the Maplewood service center and the front plate mount was in the lower trunk. I got my plates on the 21st day of the 21 day temporary tag and mounted the rear plate. I'll run w/o front plate until the 5-0 pull me over and give me a warning or ticket.

3. Good floormats are a requirement here in MN. You're well covered there. I got the front & rear roof shades; they help cool the interior in the heat, and if left up in the winter should help warm the cabin by making a bit of an air gap for insulation; the tesla ones are not a perfect fit in the '21, but mine fit good enough since I drive the car, I don't stare at the shades... Trays for the console help for storing the misc crap you'll end up putting in there.

4. You use the tesla app and take pictures and create a service ticket, same as what I had to do with contactless delivery at the service center back in June.

5. Homelink is handy; overpriced nickle & diming on a 50k car, but it's very swank once set up. Acceleration Boost. You know you want it. Be like me, buy it in-app before ever putting your new car into gear. :D