Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My MCU1 died in a bizzare way an hour ago.. Anyone seen this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It became unresponsive, and I thought it rebooted.
I waited... much longer than the usual time it takes to display the logo.
Then I realized nothing was going to happen, I did a two-thumbs reboot , I can hear a little change in the noise from the speakers.. no logo.

I checked the wifi accesspoint the car uses, and it is associated.
The phone app appears to have connection to the car, but is unable to actually do anything, vent roof , start charging, etc.. nothing really works, but the app does not tell there is an error.

Rebooted both displays/computers twice, the MCU1 is just black, the IC reboots normally.
The car seems drivable.
moving brightness scrollwheel displays -5% brightness, do it is not only black but apparently it is absorbing photons too :)
This was an hour ago, I went out to the car since then, and no change..

Anyone has seen this before?

Reactions: Akikiki
It became unresponsive, and I thought it rebooted.
I waited... much longer than the usual time it takes to display the logo.
Then I realized nothing was going to happen, I did a two-thumbs reboot , I can hear a little change in the noise from the speakers.. no logo.

I checked the wifi accesspoint the car uses, and it is associated.
The phone app appears to have connection to the car, but is unable to actually do anything, vent roof , start charging, etc.. nothing really works, but the app does not tell there is an error.

Rebooted both displays/computers twice, the MCU1 is just black, the IC reboots normally.
The car seems drivable.
moving brightness scrollwheel displays -5% brightness, do it is not only black but apparently it is absorbing photons too :)
This was an hour ago, I went out to the car since then, and no change..

Anyone has seen this before?
Yep - all these folks know what they are talking about. And you need to see if you can charge the battery while its may still allow you.

Is this the eMMC failure then ? - somehow I imagined it would be different.
No, it says charging scheduled, but it did not charge this night at all.
I hoe SC has replacements.. it is still under warranty - with some luck I get a faster one.