Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Misleading Tesla Roster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gravastar

Jack of all trades, master of none
Aug 31, 2018
Dallas
For one guy (me), I felt like a rock star having so many autos listed in my account. As shown circa Sept 2021:
  • 2019 Model 3 Midnight Silver Metallic - my current car at the time.
  • 2022 Model S Red - the one I ordered at beginning of 2021 after the refresh was announced.
  • 2021 Model 3 Blue - the car I ordered and was about to take delivery on when told the Model S was delayed for six more months (I ended up trading it in for ~$1k more than what I paid for it new!)
  • 2018 Model 3 Red - my 1st Tesla, crashed, someone in Ukraine reclaimed it and is trying to drive it in non-winter months. Just never had it removed from my account.
  • Cybertruck - honestly, who doesn't have a reservation for one?
my-tesla-roster.jpg

I cancelled my Cybertruck order a few days ago. So far, I'm keeping my S and X orders (I own a 3). Also got rid of my Fiskar order but keeping my Rivian R1T reservation. I don't feel like a "rock star" - more like an indecisive fence-sitter.....
Yep, I can understand that. There are multiple reasons why someone will reserve a vehicle. It’s starting to feel similar to commodity futures. I don’t expect I’ll ever own a Cybertruck. But I know how I felt while in “reservation purgatory” for Model 3 and S and what I might have paid to get out of it.