Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 broke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can get my keyboard in the boot of the Model S without dropping the back seats, unlike the model 3, quite handy. Plus my muddy mountain bike should fit in there too, while it’s not allowed in the model 3, for obvious reasons. So, certainly not all bad, along with free miles and supercharging. Meanwhile I’ll wait to hear about warranty suggestion, but I think you’re probably right about Tesla willingness to be flexible.

I rang the 0203 number for Park Royal in the pinned thread, and it went through to a central call centre, not Park Royal.

Spoke to an advisor who informed me that a few SC's were showing the harness in stock, but he couldn't see/tell I'd they had been allocated to a customer job or not.

Anyway, he promised to speak to PR and that I'd get an update.

A couple of hours later, I got a text from PR saying they'd found a harness in the Dartford SC and would update me re availability, about 30 mins later, got another text saying that the harness was allocated, so no joy!

Have now been promised that I'll get daily updates! Don't know why it took a call to Tesla to jolt PR into some kind of action, meanwhile the wait goes on 40 days and counting....

Meanwhile the 67 plate Model X I have is keeping me mobile, free supercharging is a bonus, but my god does it take ages to charge, and I can't get up to Leicester and back without needing to stop and charge! 😖

I rang the 0203 number for Park Royal in the pinned thread, and it went through to a central call centre, not Park Royal.

Spoke to an advisor who informed me that a few SC's were showing the harness in stock, but he couldn't see/tell I'd they had been allocated to a customer job or not.

Anyway, he promised to speak to PR and that I'd get an update.

A couple of hours later, I got a text from PR saying they'd found a harness in the Dartford SC and would update me re availability, about 30 mins later, got another text saying that the harness was allocated, so no joy!

Have now been promised that I'll get daily updates! Don't know why it took a call to Tesla to jolt PR into some kind of action, meanwhile the wait goes on 40 days and counting....

Meanwhile the 67 plate Model X I have is keeping me mobile, free supercharging is a bonus, but my god does it take ages to charge, and I can't get up to Leicester and back without needing to stop and charge! 😖

Out of curiosity have you got your car back yet? as I know you been waiting ages due to parts shortage. Mine is going back to the SC on the 6th because the errors have returned and re-occuring on a very frequent and weekly basis now. I'm just expecting the worse now that like yourself, they are potentially going to be keeping our car in for weeks!

Out of curiosity have you got your car back yet? as I know you been waiting ages due to parts shortage. Mine is going back to the SC on the 6th because the errors have returned and re-occuring on a very frequent and weekly basis now. I'm just expecting the worse now that like yourself, they are potentially going to be keeping our car in for weeks!
Nope! Still not got it back, and from what I've been told, no chance of the part being available anytime soon either! 😭

Mine is going back to the SC on the 6th because the errors have returned and re-occuring on a very frequent and weekly basis now. I'm just expecting the worse now that like yourself, they are potentially going to be keeping our car in for weeks!
If it is the same error that you have had repaired once then the consumer law is a lot clearer incase you wanted to go down that route, a replacement is not an unreasonable request seeing as they had the chance to fix it and especially on a less than 3 month old car.

I am still waiting for a replacement part on the Y since delivery day, fortunately nothing serious like yourself or the op

Reactions: X-Cile
Interestingly my car is not due in the SC until 6th June but I received the following SMS this past weekend. I know they can see your fault codes remotely from the car logs etc. but do they get enough diagnostics to be able to determine what parts need replacing? Really hope this was the case so it saves my car sitting in their premise for weeks waiting for parts!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 9.53.14 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-23 at 9.53.14 AM.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Rooster6655
Interestingly my car is not due in the SC until 6th June but I received the following SMS this past weekend. I know they can see your fault codes remotely from the car logs etc. but do they get enough diagnostics to be able to determine what parts need replacing? Really hope this was the case so it saves my car sitting in their premise for weeks waiting for parts!
Well they can guess from either car logs or photos, the main problem is how long you have to wait, I am now on month 3 of waiting for parts on a delivery day issue with every service appointment just being delayed

I think one of the recalls requires a section of the rear harness to be replaced. If you go in for other stuff they will also do that recall ... but only if they have the parts (which they haven't had for a while) ... so it's nice to know.

Update for you all on this thread but also @Filbert1884 as I'm curious as to whether they ever fixed your problem yet or if they are still collecting dust with your car there at Park Royal?

Took my MY to Dartford SC yesterday morning and got some updates today. I thought the Technician was pretty detailed in his update as I did make note in the SMS reply earlier that I heard of horror stories of cars having to repeatedly go back to SC because of the difficulty of finding the root cause and I rather him take his time to check it thoroughly. Made the point of Park Royal not fixing the problem first time round either and did not want to keep having to make SC visits. Here is the technician's response, might add some light to possible causes for your problems?

SMS:
Hey, totally understandable the cautious nature, but rest assured I found the root cause. I can see why the previous visit to Park Royal came to the conclusion they did, as I had to re-trace the same steps. It was looking like that again, and had I of not known of them already replacing the ABS sensor to the rear right wheel, I would have possibly done the same. In actual fact, the wiring from the ABS control unit under the bonnet to the sensor on the rear right had ever so slightly been trapped against a bare metal panel. I suspect from factory. So over time, it has rubbed through due to normal driving/body panel flex, and this has then shorted the signal wire to that sensor. So the control module couldn't see the speed. Hence you had a plethora of alerts. I have repaired the damage to the harness, which was very minimal, re-routed it as well as cover the bare metal section. I will test tomorrow to be sure all is happy. Have a good evening. Kind regards, Oli - Tesla Dartford.

• Informative
Reactions: navt and Adopado
Thanks @X-Cile , no my car still isn't back with me.

Obviously, I can't say for sure, but I think our issues are different, even though it resulted in similar errors.

I've been told that my issue was due to water ingress, and I need a new steering rack and wiring harness. The rack as far as I am aware has been replaced, as there was stock. The route cause of the water ingress has also been identified and repaired, or so I've been told. It's the wiring harness that's causing the delay as there's no stock, and the supplier in Shanghai is/was shutdown due to Covid!

Geez, I really do feel for you. Must have been a nightmare and frustrating wait for you. Really hope you get it back soon. 🤞

On the flip side, they also gave me a 2017 MX for a loan car but kind of wished now that I could have kept it a little longer to benefit from some free mileage 😝

Yeah the free mileage is a bit of a bonus, but I'd rather have my car back which I am still paying for but have no use of. Lex Autolease could not care less, they are beyond useless and haven't done a thing since I complained in early April.

Just a quick update, believe it or not, it's now 11th August, and my car still isn't back! That's 139 days and counting...!

At least Lex have finally responded. Got some money as compensation, but nowhere near enough in my opinion...

The wait continues....

Just a quick update, believe it or not, it's now 11th August, and my car still isn't back! That's 139 days and counting...!

At least Lex have finally responded. Got some money as compensation, but nowhere near enough in my opinion...

The wait continues....
That’s insane!
I’m waiting for a new windscreen since the 6th of January. Nothing as serious as yours, as my car is driveable (even passed it’s first MOT with just an advisory) but clearly this is Tesla behaving with its well known contempt for its customers.
I really do feel for you, hope it gets sorted soon :(

The wait continues....
Bloody heck! that's just appalling. In the time you waited for all this to get resolved, you could have put a new order in and received a new car by now...And you're just waiting on parts not an entire built car! I'm even more curious as to when you finally get your car back.

Just wondering would it been a different story if you took it to another SC and not Park Royal...who knows how they prioritise these things

The wait continues....
Completely unacceptable behaviour on their part…

I’d be fuming. You do not own the car - it’s their property… you’re renting it, so if you can’t use the car what are you renting?

..he's renting access to a tesla loaner while the primary is u/s. But you'd think that with all the time that's gone by they would at least have loaned him the Model 3 he wants. Best plan is to make some road-trips on free Tesla juice and tyres for fun and revenge.