Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 Couldn't deliver to me due to damage at delivery parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, Team!

I require a clear explanation from you. It's fine if you deliver my vehicle in December 2022 or January 2023, but I'd like a concession or December incentives as compensation.
Because this is your fault and your problem. Because I believe in you, I visited Spring Field in New Jersey on December 26th, 2022, putting all of my holiday plans on hold because I believe in you and Tesla, but the vehicle could not be delivered due to damage.
But because of this problem, my plans for the new year have been ruined. I'd like to escalate this issue because, as promised, I visited the showroom for my vehicle, and you didn't deliver it.

Thanks,
Gowtham Kode

This forum isn't actually Tesla. I think you are looking for the actual Tesla forums. I don't think thats where you really want though as this issue seems like one for your sales advisor. I would start there

From what I gather you had a car on order eligible for the December deals but then it was damaged prior to delivery and you are now at risk to lose out on that or something. I would imagine Tesla would honor the deal but its your sales advisor that can confirm or deny that.

Hello Team,

December 26th, 2022 I went to the showroom for the Model 3 pickup but they didn't deliver my vehicle because of a car hit at the delivery parking or something else. Now there is no inventory because of a tesla team error, and I going to lose the December incentives as a result.
What do I need to do now any suggestions it will helpful to me
I attached pics of that vehicle for reference
Thanks,
Gowtham

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpeg
    IMG_1896.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1895.jpeg
    IMG_1895.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Funny
Reactions: glide
This forum isn't actually Tesla. I think you are looking for the actual Tesla forums. I don't think thats where you really want though as this issue seems like one for your sales advisor. I would start there

From what I gather you had a car on order eligible for the December deals but then it was damaged prior to delivery and you are now at risk to lose out on that or something. I would imagine Tesla would honor the deal but its your sales advisor that can confirm or deny that.
any suggestions from you if possible?

The car looks drivable. Suppose you want to secure the year-end delivery discount without any uncertainty-- You can take the delivery, and have Tesla put it in writing that they will fix the car to match its original form ASAP.

Personally, I'd wait because, from what I have read, you'll get $7500 in Q1'23 either from the government rebate or from Tesla discount. Why bother with a badly dinged new car?

As for your ruined vacation plan-- Tesla is unlikely to compensate you for that. But you can always try; just be calm and collected when you make the request.

Reactions: RSpanner
The car looks drivable. Suppose you want to secure the year-end delivery discount without any uncertainty-- You can take the delivery, and have Tesla put it in writing that they will fix the car to match its original form ASAP.

Personally, I'd wait because, from what I have read, you'll get $7500 in Q1'23 either from the government rebate or from Tesla discount. Why bother with a badly dinged new car?

As for your ruined vacation plan-- Tesla is unlikely to compensate you for that. But you can always try; just be calm and collected when you make the request.
Any kind of inputs from your end like I would ask for them any kind of concession or any other thing!

...What do I need to do now any suggestions it will helpful to me...
Depending on Tesla's goal. If it only wants to move the car out this year, that damaged car is the one it wants to get rid of and not the future next year's car.

That means you can:

1) Get the incentive by accepting the damaged car, and Tesla will fix it for free. The bad thing is: It may take months, and time is money.

2) Reject the car and forget about the incentive. The bad thing is: It's not your fault. You might want to talk to Tesla if it still gives you the discount because it is not your fault. Remember, Tesla has a goal, and that is not your goal.

Hello, Team!

I require a clear explanation from you. It's fine if you deliver my vehicle in December 2022 or January 2023, but I'd like a concession or December incentives as compensation.
Because this is your fault and your problem. Because I believe in you, I visited Spring Field in New Jersey on December 26th, 2022, putting all of my holiday plans on hold because I believe in you and Tesla, but the vehicle could not be delivered due to damage.
But because of this problem, my plans for the new year have been ruined. I'd like to escalate this issue because, as promised, I visited the showroom for my vehicle, and you didn't deliver it.

Thanks,
Gowtham Kode

This forum is not related in any manner to Tesla itself. There is no "clear explanation" this forum can provide as it is not connected to tesla other than being an enthusiast forum.

Whatever you are after is between you and tesla.

Reactions: rpiotro and eglove