Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife made this video of our delivery. The DS didn't want video of himself, so we didn't video his demonstrations, but he knew the car very well. You can see me struggling at first with the climate controls, but now it seems so natural (2 weeks later).

Nice vid. Did you go through any checklist? At what point did you accept delivery? We get ours on 7/6. I’m concerned that the push for 7k vehicles will cause some quality control issues.

Nice vid. Did you go through any checklist? At what point did you accept delivery? We get ours on 7/6. I’m concerned that the push for 7k vehicles will cause some quality control issues.
Didn't go over any checklists except for a mental one. I looked over the car and couldn't find anything wrong. I've had it for a month and ~1,500 miles as of today and haven't noticed anything either.

There was an area behind the car where I signed a couple pieces of paper. This was right before we left but after we looked at the car. We had more than enough time with the car (almost too much it seemed). This was in Denver though, so I'm sure time will vary depending on how busy the delivery center is.

So helpful to have been reading up on the delivery, including checklist before heading there. Do not expect that the process is anything like the old Tesla quality. Think it more like picking up a Ford or GM car of 25 yrs ago. You need to figure out what the issues are...

Mine had a scratch that they buffed out, a spot on the drives seat, and one of the headlights was a bit high relative to the adjacent hood than the other. All not deal breakers but sign that the QC process sucks. The first two clearly a sign that the Fremont delivery folks are not going over the car. The last I decided I could live with.

On drive back a warning / notification came up saying that the washer fluid is low -- come on I paid $60K and they could not deliver it with a full washer fluid !!

On drive back a warning / notification came up saying that the washer fluid is low -- come on I paid $60K and they could not deliver it with a full washer fluid !!
I had the same warning but it went away and hasn't come back since. Haven't bothered to check the level yet. My TPMS system needed to be reset after I left the Fremont delivery center. All 4 tires are reading 47 psi or more when warm, which I believe explains the yellow tire icon at the top of the screen.