Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 has corrosion issues with the 12 volt battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

hcdavis3

Service replaced the 12 volt battery due to corrosion on the positive terminal. It needs a 12 volt ground strap. It has been in service for a week. I found the 12 volt ground strap on Amazon. Is this strap specific to Tesla? Supply chain issues don’t give me any hope of getting this part anytime soon. I have to go back to the service center in Dedham MA to get all the stuff in my car that I need not knowing when this part will arrive. Thank goodness they gave me a loaner Model S. Any advice from the knowledgeable folks on this forum is most welcome. Thanks in advance. Carter

Update. Another month to get this part. If it’s on a container ship it could be 3 months. This is ridiculous. In the meantime I will be supercharging for free. I was able to unlock this model S loaner from chill mode, don’t know how I did that, but i was able to enable ludicrous mode. I have offered to pick up a 12 volt battery ground strap for service to install. No word. Not complaining, but want my car back. In the meantime it’s free, the loaner is fast.

May be just sit back and relax with the loaner. It's better to not source your own part unless you're absolutely sure it's genuine Tesla and 100% compatible.

The ease of service visits is a true plus about Tesla. I wish other companies like Chevrolet would offer free loaners (like free Chevrolet Bolt EV loaners when you bring in your Bolt for service).

Reactions: hcdavis3
May be just sit back and relax with the loaner. It's better to not source your own part unless you're absolutely sure it's genuine Tesla and 100% compatible.

The ease of service visits is a true plus about Tesla. I wish other companies like Chevrolet would offer free loaners (like free Chevrolet Bolt EV loaners when you bring in your Bolt for service).
Thanks