Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 Impressions - Got to Drive It!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The M3 uses Bluetooth LE to communicate with the smartphone.
Do you have a Model 3 and are having buyer’s remorse due to the inability of your new Android phone not opening your car before you approach the door handle? If so please let me take this problem off your hands, I am willing to pay MSRP. If not, chill out call your buddies and go out this weekend and have a good time.

• Funny
Reactions: 1 person
Achieving a production rate of 100 cars/day doesn't mean they're building 100 cars each day. For all we know, the line coughs out 50 cars when they turn it on for 12 hours and then they shut it down for a week to tinker with it.

Even if so, this doesn't really matter to the valuation since the week-long tinkering will decline going forward. Achieving production rate of 100 cars/day in November, however, would be big. That's almost Model S/X production rate three months into the S-Curve. That's really a big accomplishment, if true.

Reactions: 1 person
Great Video! Driving a Model 3....

"wooooow this folds down, I´ve never seen storage space in the front of a car ever before *struggles to close the lid* "
"whaaaaat this steering wheel can be repositioned with buttons, nooo waaaay".....

Can`t wait till regular car testers get their hands on the model 3.
The people in those fan videos always act as if they`ve never been in a decent car before.......

Last edited:
"wooooow this folds down, I´ve never seen storage space in the front of a car ever before *struggles to close the lid* "
"whaaaaat this steering wheel can be repositioned with buttons, nooo waaaay".....

Can`t wait till regular car testers get their hands on the model 3.
The people in those fan videos always act as if they`ve never been in a decent car before.......

I agree. Let the guys at C&D tell us what they think about it since they get to drive everything and currently consider Audi/BMW the benchmarks.

1: Most people I know or see already are
2a: Doesn't have to be in a wallet;
2b: Only need to remove from wallet if it's designed as radio blocking
2c: Only needs to go into center console if it takes you more than 15 seconds to push the brake pedal
3a: Could buy cheap/used/small phone with no plan as an "aftermarket" fob.
3b: Possible that Tesla app will be developed for smart watches too. (could use as a watch or a tiny fob with no band)
3c: Possible that Tesla will allow pairing of X keys (already BT) if enough demand
4: Yes, always an option at any time for any product one doesn't like.

1: The Model 3 might be a good choice for those folks.
2a: No, I suppose it could be hanging from a dorky lanyard, too. Or pinned to your mittens?
2b: Then remove your wallet from your jacket or purse and hope nobody else decides to grab it?
2c: Because Complying With the Machine is better than the Machine Complying With Us?
3a: Phones are bigger than fobs.
3b: Already have a watch (and it's not made by Apple).
3c: This could be promising.
4: Yup.
Robin

Reactions: kavyboy
The Drive
Handling is pretty good, steering is nice...it is almost as good as my X.

Either you're still paranoid about the NDA, or you're assuming all of us still in the ICE age are familiar with the EV driving experience. This section should have been the most detailed, IMHO. Acceleration? Passing power? Torque feel? Regen braking? Road noise? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)