Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 is broken, need help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 2 months ago I received my first Tesla model 3. I bought it via a 3rd party car dealership. Since then, I’ve been having multiple issues with my tesla, and I’m pretty desperate at this point so I decided I might as well post about it here.

Here is a list of the problems with my Tesla:

-The screen is completely broken. Since about a month ago, the screen has been malfunctioning - it keeps rapidly restarting (about every 2-3 sec or so) to a point where its not even usable.

-A notification which says “V12 battery needs to be replaced” keeps popping up on the screen, despite the fact that it has already been replaced.

-Tesla refuses to transfer the ownership of my car to my tesla account. Over the course of the last two months, I have mailed them at least 15 times, yet, I have never received a single answer from the regarding this matter. This means i cant use the app & that i cant possibly update the software.

-Iceland currently has one tesla service, but since the car was imported from the us, meaning that the warrant doesnt extend to Europe. In other words, i cant do anything to fix my car, unless i decide to pay the service here in Iceland thousands of dollars.

Anyways, i dont know if this is the right place to post this sort of stuff, but as i said im pretty desperate. Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Consider replacing the 12v battery again. Its by far the quickest and cheapest option and can prob do yourself. Bad batteries and lose connections happen all the time. Unstable electrical connectors cause things like your screen constant rebooting. Never know if that fix leads to other parts responding to it and working again.

Reactions: Fossil Fool
About 2 months ago I received my first Tesla model 3. I bought it via a 3rd party car dealership. Since then, I’ve been having multiple issues with my tesla, and I’m pretty desperate at this point so I decided I might as well post about it here.

-The screen is completely broken. Since about a month ago, the screen has been malfunctioning - it keeps rapidly restarting (about every 2-3 sec or so) to a point where its not even usable.

-A notification which says “V12 battery needs to be replaced” keeps popping up on the screen, despite the fact that it has already been replaced.

-Tesla refuses to transfer the ownership of my car to my tesla account. Over the course of the last two months, I have mailed them at least 15 times, yet, I have never received a single answer from the regarding this matter. This means i cant use the app & that i cant possibly update the software.

-Iceland currently has one tesla service, but since the car was imported from the us, meaning that the warrant doesnt extend to Europe. In other words, i cant do anything to fix my car, unless i decide to pay the service here in Iceland thousands of dollars.

Anyways, i dont know if this is the right place to post this sort of stuff, but as i said im pretty desperate. Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

It sounds to me like you were trying to "get a deal" by getting a used tesla of unknown usage, from the US, via a third party dealership, in iceland. Unless you are handy like "rich rebuilds" or something, your only real choice that I see is to pay the money and get tesla to look at it.

Aren't there consumer protection laws in Iceland? I would think the first place to go is back to the 3rd party dealer, and have them fix it or pay to have it fixed.